Halloween Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Stephanie I agree completely about spending more time outside in the Fall than any other time. I am setting out my props adjusting my tombstones and in general enjoying the fall air. It's the best time to be outdoors.

· Registered
191 Posts
So very well said by everyone. For me, the change in the air; cooler and dry. The changing colors of Autumn. Going through all of my boxes of Halloween goodies and deciding how I am going to use them for this year's party. And there seems to be an inherent sense of retrospection that comes with that time of year. All of the hard work of Spring and Summer are gone and the simple joys of the seasonal change are in full swing and the planning and imagining of the coming Halloween leaves me nearly euphoric. Thank you for bringing up this topic!

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I love seeing everyone's answers it makes me long for Halloween and fall to get her faster though the faster it comes the sooner it's over. :(

· Registered
681 Posts
Oh, how I love Fall. It sings to my soul! :)

I love the crisp, cool air
all of the colors
the decor
the smell of the leaves
the crunch of the leaves under my feet
all of the delicious food!
the smell of fireplaces and burn piles
pumpkins
opening the windows in the house
the absence of all of the humidity!!!
camping
hayrides
roasting marshmallows
apple cider
picking apples

Ugh! I can't go on. It's making my soul cry just thinking about it! Hurry Fall!

Well, at least it has been a pretty mild Summer, although the past few days have been pretty humid. We're supposed to have a lot of days in the low 80s and maybe one day in the 70s according to the 10-day forecast.

· jester girl
18,198 Posts
halloween and fall

I absolutely love to watch my "Roseanne: Halloween Edition" dvd over and over during October. Growing up, I just loved to watch those shows & I thought that they had the best Halloween episodes.
although i'm not a big roseanne fan, i do truly love her halloween episodes. i own the dvd as well. i wish home improvements and cheers would put out a halloween episodes as well. they have some good ones too.
along with what everyone else has mentioned, some more special memories for me are, i love the squeeshy feel of the pumpkins insides as you clean it and i love carving it. when we were kids we would all get in the car and drive around and look at all the beautiful trees. we would go to osage and drive down the main street lined with trees that had the most beautiful dressings [those trees are all gone now]. i loved raking and playing in the leaves as a kid, the lighting the leaves on fire, and roasting marshmallows. now as i walk past kids playing in the leaves and hear the laughter of children it brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. a big wish of mine is to visit massechusetts in the fall. a state full of museums and sights to see and i hear beautiful in the fall.

· jester girl
18,198 Posts
halloween and fall

I found a substitute for the changing leaves. Check this out. Its a lantern plant and the lanterns hanging from it turn from green to yellow and orange and red :) I bought a few limbs of the plant at the garden store to put in the livingroom in front of the window!

meeps, that is geourgous. my grandma always had a jackolantern plant growing at her house.

· Registered
57 Posts
those things sound wondeful...... mmm homemade soup or stew on a brisk fall evening :) with the smell of chimney's billowing in the distance.

Does it get any better than this? Dreaming of Autumn...........

· Registered
414 Posts
The absolute best time of the year is finally here. I'm just as excited as you all.
Everything from the scent of burning leaves carried by the cool air, clear crisp stary nights, to FINALLY getting to put the tombstones in the ground and a fake bloody arm in the mailbox for my post lady =)

· Registered
118 Posts
I struggle with depression, but if you bottle up the essence of fall and give that to me in pill form, I don't think I would ever have a problem with it again.

What I look forward to:

- The smell of fall. The leaves, bonfires, rainy nights.
- Crisp cool days
- My birthday!
- Getting darker sooner
- Seeing Halloween and monsters plastered everywhere in stores
- AMC movie marathon
-Seeing horror movies at the drive in
- Horror conventions
- Getting my daughter started on my love for Halloween
-The beautiful leaves

· jester girl
18,198 Posts
you guys have drive-ins yet? how lucky is that! we haven't had one here since my daughter was a teenager 20 years ago. they were always so fun. dusk to dawn on weekends. first movie day of the season a bon fire and free hot dogs open house

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
we have some drive in's here too , but they are a little bit of a drive I've been debating on taking my kids to one soon. I think fall would be the perfect time.

On a side note today was beautiful ..... not crisp air yet, but the evenings are getting cooler :)

· Devilishly Dutch
5,915 Posts
Yesterday while out and about, I couldn't help thinking that summer is DEFINITELY over here in the Netherlands.
EVERYONE is back from vacation filling the streets and stores! Including the construction workers who start at the crack of dawn when I have a late shift and need to sleep in!
Empty shelves in the stores, obnoxious bicyclists in the streets, rain and more rain, and a swarm of new university students invading the city! Although the new students can be kind of fun. I heard one asking, 'how do they get the trees to grow that way' lol

Ok, so those of the less positive points of this time of year. Will adjust to it again while waiting for the changing colors and eating chili :)

MsM

· Registered
670 Posts
So it's September now. All of my favorite months end in "ber". The high here yesterday was 76 and it was tasty.
I SO love this time of the yr. It's like magic, as soon as Sept gets here! I used to live in TX- didn't quite work that way down there. It was summer til Thanksgiving. LOL! This morning is 58 degrees here in Charlotte NC. LOVE IT!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.