Halloween Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd take a second to write out a few things that I'm looking forward to in a place where most if not all others will appreciate them, and not just think I'm a bit nutso...

The crisp scent of a cool breeze in the air
The giddiness of seeing the trees change color
The joys of walking down aisle after aisle of fall and halloween decor.
The smell of leaves burning.
The bright smile on my children's faces as we chose costumes
For that matter the bright smile on my face chosing costumes
The twinkle and glow of my halloween tree all decorated in the living room at night
The glow of orange lights and smell of the fog machine in my yard.
campfires and hayrides, haunted houses, parties, masks and treats
everyone enjoying themselves and having fun it doesn't get much better than that.

So what are the rest of you looking forward to hearing or seeing or smelling this fall?

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
those things sound wondeful...... mmm homemade soup or stew on a brisk fall evening :) with the smell of chimney's billowing in the distance.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Laredo for myself summer is just too much too much heat too much emotion feeling like it is all being drained and with the coming of cool weather I feel a revitalization of my soul. I feel as tho my whole being is lifted to a much happier place. Perhaps it comes from a childhood where my brother and I shared a birthday both in September and celebration was in the air. We always went to the state fair to celebrate and the evenings were always full of magic wonder and cool breezes, and I always knew shortly after that I got to go pick out my Halloween costume going into the Halloween season then of course Thanksgiving, and last but not least Christmas. For myself it has always seemed as though Autumn brings delight and wonder to all.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ntokheim I love the days of fall when it's too cool to turn on the AC and not cold enough for the heater. Those days I love to snuggle under a warm blanket on the couch with the windows open and smell the fall air while I read a good book. Your post reminded me of that. I had almost forgotten, and now I'm looking forward to it immensely. :)

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the changing of the leaves that's one of the best parts but you must be really close to that now MsMeeple. We all get to envy you :p I can remember taking my daughter to got TOT here in the snow one year. It was quite a bit of fun actually :)

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I live in Tennesee I was presently suprised by a sure sign that fall is almost here today when I was driving.

I smelled the smell of tobacco being dried in the barns that has recently been hung. The smell of the drying tobacco is sweet and reminds me very much of my childhood and crisp fall mornings. Roaming through the countryside here in Tennesse you smell that smell often in the fall and it never fails to bring a smile to my face. (For those of you who have never had that experience it is nothing like the smell of a cigarette burning, which I don't do and don't like the smell of )

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
MorbidMariah I agree I love pumpkin pie oh and pumpkin nut bread I refuse to make them from scratch any other time of the year to me they just say fall. I love being able to wear long sleeves (without people thinking I'm nuts since most of my wardrobe is long sleeved). My mom always made us tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch during the fall and winter especially when we were sick. I had completely forgotten about those........ ahh good thoughts :)

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just realized one of the big things that reminds me of Halloween is the plastic smell you get from costume aisles at the stores everytime I smell that strong plastic smell I get nostalgic for my childhood halloween memories.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Stephanie I agree completely about spending more time outside in the Fall than any other time. I am setting out my props adjusting my tombstones and in general enjoying the fall air. It's the best time to be outdoors.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I love seeing everyone's answers it makes me long for Halloween and fall to get her faster though the faster it comes the sooner it's over. :(

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
we have some drive in's here too , but they are a little bit of a drive I've been debating on taking my kids to one soon. I think fall would be the perfect time.

On a side note today was beautiful ..... not crisp air yet, but the evenings are getting cooler :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.