Halloween Forum banner

Halloween... Fall...... the things I look forward to..

4389 73
I thought I'd take a second to write out a few things that I'm looking forward to in a place where most if not all others will appreciate them, and not just think I'm a bit nutso...

The crisp scent of a cool breeze in the air
The giddiness of seeing the trees change color
The joys of walking down aisle after aisle of fall and halloween decor.
The smell of leaves burning.
The bright smile on my children's faces as we chose costumes
For that matter the bright smile on my face chosing costumes
The twinkle and glow of my halloween tree all decorated in the living room at night
The glow of orange lights and smell of the fog machine in my yard.
campfires and hayrides, haunted houses, parties, masks and treats
everyone enjoying themselves and having fun it doesn't get much better than that.

So what are the rest of you looking forward to hearing or seeing or smelling this fall?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Ahh, yes this why i love the Midwest having grown up here. I love the changing of the 4 seasons and the variety of weather it brings. This is why I refuse to move to Cali, which my best friend has been begging me to do since he moved. He says anything and everything to convince me its better while complaining of the unchanging seasons and constant sunny weather.

I look forward to the first cold day that requires the lighting of a fire in the fireplace and a nice dinner of warm chili. I look forward to the decorating and carving (and smell) of pumpkins. I look forward to the changing colors and the spookiness of leafless trees. Being a volunteer firefighter i look forward to getting more calls to help as the dryness and burning of leaves lead to more out-of-control fires. I also look forward to my other two favorite holidays thanksgiving and Christmas. There is nothing better to me than staying in on the first cold rainy Friday night and cozying up to a warm fire with hot chocolate and putting in a good movie. Although i don't care much for work there is something about being out in the cold splitting and stacking firewood in prep for the cold months ahead as I watch the animals prepare as well. I also look forward to the DVD releases of the summer's blockbuster movies. And in general I look forward to the feelings of nostalgia that the season brings I look back at my childhood memories of Halloween.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.