Halloween Forum banner

Halloween & Fall Candles { 2 0 2 0 }

24K views 252 replies 32 participants last post by  ceo418 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
I know this has been leaked for a while now but didn't see an update posted....
YC's new scent for 2020, PUMPKIN PATCH
Sources:

See less See more
#7 Ā·
You can now recycle your Yankee Candle jars (& other things) through Terracycle:

They're a free recycling info & reward site, they do all sorts of stuff, toys, razors, those teeny little kid toys called LOLSurprise that have a crap ton of packaging with them, snack bags, just a ton of stuff.

You sign up, it's free, you pick what you want recycled & they'll send you the packaging to send it back or the mailing/UPS labels to send things back. That's how the Yankee Candle thing works, you get a UPS label.

What you can recycle
All Newell Brandsā€™ home fragrance products from Yankee CandleĀ®, WoodWickĀ®, and Chesapeake Bay CandleĀ®, including: candles, wax melts and melt cups, diffusers and refills, plug-ins and refills, room sprays, fragrance beads, and auto air fresheners and refills.

NOTE: This program only accepts room sprays 1.5 ounces and under. Please do not send in paper or cardboard product packaging that can be recycled curbside.

Can I only collect Newell Brandsā€™ home fragrance products and packaging?
Weā€™re excited you want to recycle all of Newell Brandsā€™ products. However, this program is specifically for recycling home fragrance products and packaging from Yankee CandleĀ®, WoodWickĀ®, and Chesapeake Bay CandleĀ®.

Does my shipment have to weigh a certain amount before I can send it in?
No, your shipment can be any weight. However, to prevent breakage of potentially fragile items, we recommend you pack your shipment tightly. Your shipment may also be any weight to earn the TerraCycle point donation for this program.

Do I need to clean the home fragrance products before I send them in?
No, you do not need to clean the products or packaging before sending them in to TerraCycle. UPS will not accept dripping packages, so make sure your items are dry prior to shipping.

How many TerraCycle points will I be awarded?
Each item you send in will earn you about 5 TerraCycle points. Home fragrance products and packaging will be counted based on an average unit weight of 0.05 pounds each.

#9 Ā·
It's that time of year that I begin to take candle inventory and start looking for new candles.

Recently, a friend shared the Charlie James Co. with me. She carries McCall's Candles as well as some I've not been introduced to. Right now she has free shipping and 30% off sitewide.

There are some fall (and Christmas) candles floating around on her site.

Anyone heard of or experienced Old Soul Artisan candles:

Book of Spells - Ancient Book & Secret Spells - This fragrance is inspired by the enchantment of a secret book of spells, the one that you dream of stumbling upon one day in a neglected basement of an old library.

Poison Apple - Fragrance notes: Fresh juicy apples + Sweet spun sugar. This fragrance is inspired by the infamous poison apple in the fairytale "Snow White" by the Grimm Brothers.

Sleepy Hollow - Fragrance notes: pumpkin, cinnamon, molasses. This fragrance is inspired by the short story 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' by Washington Irving.

Voodoo - Fragrance notes: coffee, sugar cane, magic. Inspired by Louisiana Voodoo, this fragrance will leave you swaying to the seductive rhythm of a Voodoo ritual drum.

Witches Brew - Fragrance notes: patchouli, violet, clove. This fragrance is inspired by witches of yore and their magical concoctions.

#10 Ā· (Edited)
It's that time of year that I begin to take candle inventory and start looking for new candles.

Recently, a friend shared the Charlie James Co. with me. She carries McCall's Candles as well as some I've not been introduced to. Right now she has free shipping and 30% off sitewide.

There are some fall (and Christmas) candles floating around on her site.

Anyone heard of or experienced Old Soul Artisan candles:

Book of Spells - Ancient Book & Secret Spells - This fragrance is inspired by the enchantment of a secret book of spells, the one that you dream of stumbling upon one day in a neglected basement of an old library.

Poison Apple - Fragrance notes: Fresh juicy apples + Sweet spun sugar. This fragrance is inspired by the infamous poison apple in the fairytale "Snow White" by the Grimm Brothers.

Sleepy Hollow - Fragrance notes: pumpkin, cinnamon, molasses. This fragrance is inspired by the short story 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' by Washington Irving.

Voodoo - Fragrance notes: coffee, sugar cane, magic. Inspired by Louisiana Voodoo, this fragrance will leave you swaying to the seductive rhythm of a Voodoo ritual drum.

Witches Brew - Fragrance notes: patchouli, violet, clove. This fragrance is inspired by witches of yore and their magical concoctions.
Yes, I have lots of experience with Old Soul Artesian candles. I am a huge fan! I don't have Poison Apple but have all the others you mentioned. The candles burn clean and they last a long time. I highly recommend them. My year round favorite is Kraken but Annabel Lee comes in a close second. I adore Sleepy Hollow but usually just light it in the fall. Voodoo and Withes Brew are also must-haves. I haven't found a scent I don't like from Old Soul.

Lunar Light Co. is another wonderful artesian candle company that I am head-over-heels for. They are the best, bar none. Their soy candles are high quality, unique, leave a fantastic scent in the room, and are responsibly made. They also last much longer than average candles so they are a great value. I just got Mummy's Tomb and The Crow. Lunar Light also has a room spray called Horrorsope which is amazing. It is the perfect Halloween scent. The labels on their candles are so cool, I love displaying them. Lunar Light is a small company with first class customer service. I can't recommend them highly enough. Be forewarned that their candles are extremely addictive. When you try one you will end up going back for more, a LOT more, LOL! Every year they sell out of various scents; just be patient and keep checking back with them. Their candles are made in small batches but they do restock as quickly as possible.

These small candle companies offer us so much in the way of unique speciality scents which add so much to the dark foreboding or nostalgic Halloween atmosphere that we on this forum highly appreciate. With all that is happening right now in our world I love to light a candle in the evening and just chill or work on a Halloween project. I want to support these small businesses because what they have to offer is of such value to those of us who are Halloween fans.

#11 Ā·
@X-Pired - I have been ordering from Dark Candles for the last few months. I really like their tealights and votives. Upon your suggestion, I just looked at the Lunar Light Co. website. Their candles look amazing and the scent notes very inviting. I will be placing an order tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

#12 Ā·
Scary Carrie, you won't regret ordering from Lunar Light. All of their candles are crazy good. I am going to place another order soon. I love that I can get spooky, dark scents throughout the year and do not have to wait for a seasonal supply. How sweet is that? šŸ–¤šŸ–¤šŸ–¤

I haven't tried Dark Candles but will check them out.

#13 Ā·
@X-Pired - I feel the same about Dark Candles. I can order all year long, not just at Halloween time. Check them out. I already have 3 Lunar Light Co. candles in my cart, and I am thinking of adding a 4th. Love their labels. Cannot wait to receive them. I'll let you know what I think once I've burned them........if I burn them. :rolleyes: I've been know to "Collect" candles. Thanks again.

#16 Ā·
I love how quickly Lunar Light ships ScareyCarrie. Please keep us updated when your order arrives and let us know what you think.

#17 Ā·
X-Pired - I received my order yesterday. Wow!! Less than a week. They also sent me a couple little goodies with my order. On cold they smell so good. I'll keep you updated on the scents once I burn them. Thanks again for the recommendation.

#18 Ā·
Thanks for the update. Isn't it nice when a company includes a freebie, even if just a tea light or something? Like you, I don't always burn my all of my candles but save a few to use as just part of my decor. I'm a collector as much as a connoisseur. šŸ–¤šŸ˜Š. Yes, if/when you light your new additions from Lunar Light please let me know what you think. They are soy and very clean burning. I'm not sure of their burn time in hours but they last a really long time compared to much larger, mass-produced candles. I want to place another order but am waiting for them to restock.

Reactions: ScareyCarrie
#19 Ā·
How did I miss this post 2 months ago? I look forward to it every year. I am SO happy to hear our beloved Witches Brew will be offered again, although I don't know if I can justify a purchase of any more (but I know I will anyway). Thanks for posting about it!

Right before the holidays last year we bought a new coffee table that has hidden storage in it. It dawned on me that I could store all my candles in it that had previously been stored in clear boxes (by holiday) in a linen closet. It was always a pain to have get to what I needed and I couldn't readily see what I had. So, when my husband left the house for a bit I stealthily unloaded the boxes and put them in the coffee table (I just didn't want to hear his commentary LOL). Here is the stash:
Material property Glass bottle Bottle Furniture

#20 Ā·
@Famous Pumpkin - Pretty sneaky storing your Witches Brew right under your husband's nose. ;)šŸ‘ƒ I'll bet the area around your coffee table smells wonderful. From the pictures you posted, it looks like a majority of your candles are WB, including some older versions. Nice job. I also said to myself that this year I will not purchase any more WB candles, as I have about 4 large jars on hand. I know I will buy more....cannot help myself. ;)

#22 Ā·
@Famous Pumpkin - Hello. Hope all is well with you. I remember getting the Purr-chouli many years ago. I wish I would have saved one for "collecting" purposes. It brought back memories to see yours. Thank you. I find myself ordering many candles, especially around Halloween time, and saving them because I love the labels. Just wish I had more room so that I could order more. :oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.