Halloween Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm afraid my local YC will close for good., while a dozen other YC stores have opened in my state, mine remains closed. Last I heard the fall preview has been rescheduled for sometime in July. I wonder if they are going to push back the Halloween preview. I hope not.

@ScareyCarrie You have to let me know about the orange and clove from Crossroads - I want to purchase the Sleepy Hollow labeled jar when they're back in stock. A couple of months ago I picked up Crackling Birch, Grandpa's Pie, and Woodland Cabin - I haven't given them a fair burning yet to decide whether I like them or not.
I will definitely let you know how the Orange Clove burns/smells. I have seen the Sleepy Hollow labeled jar in the past. Always wanted it for my collection. If they offer it again, I, like you, will get one.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I picked up a few candles from Hobby Lobby and if you enjoy a good buttery candle this one is for you! The throw is amazing for my low ceiling home - covers the entire house. They're on sale this week 50% off. I picked up Book Ends, Kona Coffee, and Roasted Pumpkin.
Just clicked on the link for the Hobby Lobby candles. The candles look amazing and the scents appealing. Wish I had a HL near me. I suppose I can order off their website. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My most recent order from Dark Candles. The rainbow one is called Lemon Love and it smells so good. The other in the ceramic 2 piece holder is called Strawberry Moon, named after the most recent full moon. They always throw in a few goodies like the wax melts seen in the picture. The votive seen is called Singapore Sling. The scent notes sounded like something I would like so I am looking forward to burning it. I love to support smaller candle companies, and their candles smell so good. They also have incense/tealights/votives/sachets, etc. If you have never bought from them I highly recommend you give them a try sometime.

P.S. Did I mention that each of the candles only cost $9.99? So reasonable. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’m a fan of Dark Candles, will be buying from them again. At the moment I’m burning a Kringle candle and it has great throw BUT the wick is a complete mess, even with me trimming, also leaving wax along the sides. I am disappointed.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I’m a fan of Dark Candles, will be buying from them again. At the moment I’m burning a Kringle candle and it has great throw BUT the wick is a complete mess, even with me trimming, also leaving wax along the sides. I am disappointed.
I have never burnt a Kringle candle. Last Halloween I purchased 2 - Witches Cauldron and Haunted House (which arrived in a shattered jar). I did not want to burn the Witches Cauldron as I wanted it as a collectible. I was able to salvage the wax from Haunted House but have not really taken the time purchase a vessel to burn it in. I have to say, every time I walk in my living room I smell the clove from the HH candle. It smells really nice. I did purchase a set of their twisted christmas candles. There were six of them with really funny labels. I didn't burn any of them. I guess I will call those collectibles as well. :rolleyes:

I do like Dark Candles. Glad you do too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Tonight, for the 1st time in months, I have the house to myself for a few continuous hours. I am beyond excited for it. What did I do? I made myself some dinner, poured myself and adult beverage, opened up my coffee table where I have my Withches Brew candles "hidden", popped the lid on one and took a long, deep whiff. OMG, I felt my anxiety just plummet and it made me smile. I may just take one into the bedroom and light it while I watch TV tonight. Made me sooo happy!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Tonight, for the 1st time in months, I have the house to myself for a few continuous hours. I am beyond excited for it. What did I do? I made myself some dinner, poured myself and adult beverage, opened up my coffee table where I have my Withches Brew candles "hidden", popped the lid on one and took a long, deep whiff. OMG, I felt my anxiety just plummet and it made me smile. I may just take one into the bedroom and light it while I watch TV tonight. Made me sooo happy!
Sounds like the perfect evening to me. I know what you are talking about with Witches Brew. One whiff and it is Halloween. My favorite Halloween candle - hands down. I think you should light one up, watch a scary movie, and relax. Let this moment wipe away all the craziness that's going on all around us. Enjoy your evening. 🎃

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yankee Candle has a buy 1 get 1 free small tumbler candle sale right now. I just picked up Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Wreath. Might be worth a look for the few fall scents they have available.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yankee Candle has a buy 1 get 1 free small tumbler candle sale right now. I just picked up Spiced Pumpkin and Autumn Wreath. Might be worth a look for the few fall scents they have available.
Thanks for the heads up. You picked up 2 good ones. (y)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts