Halloween Forum banner

221 - 240 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Yankee order finally arrived today, in the middle of a fluke blizzard, with loose lids and melted wax all over the box. Awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Yankee order finally arrived today, in the middle of a fluke blizzard, with loose lids and melted wax all over the box. Awesome.
That sucks. Mine came melted last year, and I had to fight customer service tooth and nail to get a refund. I ended up putting the candles outside on a warm day and letting them melt to the point where I could find the wick. They ended up being alright.

Unfortunately my box of Yankee Halloween candles has been lost in transit according to FedEx. I hope it's just a mistake and that it shows up soon, if not I'll be asking again for a refund.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This might seem like a weird question...but has anyone seen unscented wax melts? I have some warmers that light up but I don't always want a scent.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This might seem like a weird question...but has anyone seen unscented wax melts? I have some warmers that light up but I don't always want a scent.
[/QUOT
I have not seen unscented wax melts. Just unscented tealights/votives. If I come across any, I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Has anyone purchased and received any of the new Kringle Black Band Halloween candles? If so, what do you think of them?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I didn't order any but I did watch a YouTuber named Brett do a first impressions on his! Unfortunately he wasn't too impressed 😕

Here's the video!
Yeah, I saw his video yesterday or Thursday. He was not impressed. I did order 2 of the Cauldron Spell ones. I haven't received them yet. I hope they have some sort of scent to them. I was going to keep one for display purposes and burn one. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone purchased and received any of the new Kringle Black Band Halloween candles? If so, what do you think of them?
I did, and mine had a decent amount of fragrance on cold. I quite enjoyed them. Spooky Treats smells just like a blueberry muffin, and Jack O Lantern smelled fantastic, best of the bunch to my nose, like red hots candies with cedarwood, which amazingly really go great together. Cauldron Spell is really different, and I'm not sure if I like it or not; it has a tar or oil smell as one of the top notes, which is a little offputting, but it may grow on me. Unfortunately for me, two of my Cauldron Spells (one to burn, one to keep) and Spooky Treats broke in transit.
Feeling Wicked is just like Brett described, and I do enjoy it. I also got all three-wick candles, my favorite being the Graveyard one, which has a pleasantly prominent sandalwood note, and nothing like suntan lotion, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I did, and mine had a decent amount of fragrance on cold. I quite enjoyed them. Spooky Treats smells just like a blueberry muffin, and Jack O Lantern smelled fantastic, best of the bunch to my nose, like red hots candies with cedarwood, which amazingly really go great together. Cauldron Spell is really different, and I'm not sure if I like it or not; it has a tar or oil smell as one of the top notes, which is a little offputting, but it may grow on me. Unfortunately for me, two of my Cauldron Spells (one to burn, one to keep) and Spooky Treats broke in transit.
Feeling Wicked is just like Brett described, and I do enjoy it. I also got all three-wick candles, my favorite being the Graveyard one, which has a pleasantly prominent sandalwood note, and nothing like suntan lotion, at least in my opinion.
I am sorry that you suffered a couple "candle casualties". That is so frustrating. I hope they are going to compensate you for them. I am glad that you like the candles, although, a tar or oil note in Cauldron Spell kind of worries me. I hope mine arrive unbroken. Time will tell. Thanks for the scent descriptions on the ones you received.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hello All, Today I received the 2 Witches Cauldron candles I ordered from Kringle. They arrived undamaged, although the lids are not tight on the jar, very loose. I have to say, when I first smelled this candle I immediately thought of Paine's Balsam Fir incense. That is what it smells like to me. Now incense is one of the scent notes of this candle, so perhaps that is what stands out to me. Not horrible, as I do love Paine's incense, but certainly not what I was expecting. I will let them sit for a week or two and see if the scent changes. I am keeping one as decor and one I will burn. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did anyone get their Kringle Halloween preorders from July yet? I am really itching to burn them.
Mine haven’t shipped yet. Which is odd because A) They’re up for purchase on the site now and B) I received an order today that I just placed a week ago.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I found some Halloween themed candles by colonial candle at Kroger. Bone dust reminded me of a clean/laundry scent. Dark potions seemed to be a coffee scent. Wicked magic was harder to pinpoint. Zombie brew was sweet like vanilla. None gave Halloween vibes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I found some Halloween themed candles by colonial candle at Kroger. Bone dust reminded me of a clean/laundry scent. Dark potions seemed to be a coffee scent. Wicked magic was harder to pinpoint. Zombie brew was sweet like vanilla. None gave Halloween vibes.
You're right, those scent notes do not sound like Halloween. Cute jars and labels though. Did you buy any?

221 - 240 of 244 Posts