Halloween Forum banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
No, but could you melt it down/heat it so it's pliable and maybe pour it into a few jars? Or maybe make it into melt cups if you have any empty cups and a warner, or tarts? I had this pinterest pin and I think you could adapt it by melting the candle in a large pyrex measuring cup since you don't have the jar. You could re-use the wick and pour into a large mason jar and then make tarts or melt cups with the rest or find another wick(s) and make additional candles!

Also, I will have a large empty Yankee jar in a week or so. You are welcome to if you want t.
Thank you so much for all of the helpful information you provided. I will check out the pinterest video. I will definitely do something with the wax I have. I will have a couple of empty large Goose Creek jars in a day or so, so thanks for your offer of an empty, but I'll use what I have.

I really appreciate all of input. I'll let you know how everything turns out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I watched a few YouTube videos on salvaging a broken candle, so I did the following to save my beloved Witches Brew that arrived shattered due to poor packing by Yankee. I cleaned an empty large jar from a Goose Creek candle that I just finished burning. I put the busted WB candle in a paper bag, went outside and let the bag hit cement a few times so that the remaing glass could be removed. Once removed, i sliced the wax so that a large center piece including the wick would fit in the jar. Then i put the cut slices of wax in a pyrex measuring cup which was inside a pan of boiling water. Let the wax melt while stirring continuously (i used a wooden chopstick) so that i could just throw it away when done. Once it was all melted i poured it in the jar around the center piece. Put the Yankee Candle Witches Brew label on the jar and let the candle cool.

Not the best looking candle, but at least i'll be able to use it this Halloween. This was my first time refurbishing a candle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
ScareyCarrie... Brilliant! Bravo! It looks great! And I like the Goose Creek jar better too. Ha ha!

It never occurred to me to use my Pyrex measuring cups like that. My husband has a bad habit of running my glass measuring cups through the dishwasher resulting in deterioration of the cup measurements. I was going to just through them away and buy new ones, but not now. I'm going to hang onto them to remelt candle wax!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ugh. Yankee keeps withholding the haunted trio from all sales. On one hand I really want them. On the other hand I am really cheap. Lol.
Hey I have some coupon codes that start on the 30th if you can wait till then! DM910C for $20 off $50+ and buy 2 get 2 free with DM910L.

Feel free to use the codes everyone! I got them in the mail and couldn't wait to share them ^^

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yankee Candle has Haunted Hollow Melt Cups and Fragrance Spheres for purchase online...as I type. They have Witches' Brew in the Melt Cup as well. Yankee put out some fall preview scents out during their Semi Annual Sale - several YouTube reviews to be watched. I have yet to make it to a store.

Let's not forget about those companies that produce, what can be considered Halloween, darker themed candles all year.

Witch City Wicks
Burke & Hare Co
Washington Wicks
SickWix
Dark Candles
Werther & Gray
Your are absolutely right. I collect all Halloween candles. But witch city wicks makes themed candle for most major holidays like valentines day. They are awsome. Thank you for the list. A few I didn't know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yankee Candle has Haunted Hollow Melt Cups and Fragrance Spheres for purchase online...as I type. They have Witches' Brew in the Melt Cup as well. Yankee put out some fall preview scents out during their Semi Annual Sale - several YouTube reviews to be watched. I have yet to make it to a store.

Let's not forget about those companies that produce, what can be considered Halloween, darker themed candles all year.

Witch City Wicks
Burke & Hare Co
Washington Wicks
SickWix
Dark Candles
Werther & Gray
Hi. I've been a member of this forum for almost 5 years. If anyone is on Instagram and interested in seeing my Halloween Candle collection. My username is pooled wax all one word. I used to have a shelf, which is on here somewhere from 2015. But my collection outgrew that. Just wanted to share with any intetested in candles. Maybe meet a few people to talk about them

·
Registered
954 Posts
Another win.......Ordered from Goose Creek on 9/25/19.....received my order today, 9/28/19. Everything was packed well to avoid damage during shipping. SO YES, YANKEE, THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Has anybody on the forum ever purchased candles from the Dark Candle Company? If so, what has your experience been as far as scents, throw, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes I ordered from Dark Candle Co, very pleased over all. Got the four pack votives, Graveyard and Debauchery. Interesting scents, great throw, packed well with extra goodies and love the business card. Give them a try :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I watched a few YouTube videos on salvaging a broken candle, so I did the following to save my beloved Witches Brew that arrived shattered due to poor packing by Yankee. I cleaned an empty large jar from a Goose Creek candle that I just finished burning. I put the busted WB candle in a paper bag, went outside and let the bag hit cement a few times so that the remaing glass could be removed. Once removed, i sliced the wax so that a large center piece including the wick would fit in the jar. Then i put the cut slices of wax in a pyrex measuring cup which was inside a pan of boiling water. Let the wax melt while stirring continuously (i used a wooden chopstick) so that i could just throw it away when done. Once it was all melted i poured it in the jar around the center piece. Put the Yankee Candle Witches Brew label on the jar and let the candle cool.

Not the best looking candle, but at least i'll be able to use it this Halloween. This was my first time refurbishing a candle.
Nice work! We had two different fall candles from YC arrive broken this year. I think I'm way too lazy to repour them, though. :ROFLMAO: I just broke off all the extra glass and put them in candle jar holders. Not gonna burn 'em, but at least they smell good.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nice work! We had two different fall candles from YC arrive broken this year. I think I'm way too lazy to repour them, though. :ROFLMAO: I just broke off all the extra glass and put them in candle jar holders. Not gonna burn 'em, but at least they smell good.
Thanks. I have another broken Yankee candle that I just took the glass off of. When I have the time i will do the same thing that I did with my broken Witches Brew. One of the Kringle Halloween candles I ordered arrived broken as well. I took it out of the broken glass. Like you, it is just sitting on a candle plate, bare. But, at least it smells good. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Has anyone ever bought from Burke and Hare? Would love to try their candles, but before I do, I would like to hear from those that have already tried them. Thanks.

361 - 380 of 394 Posts