Halloween Forum banner

341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
:(
Yikes I'm sorry I got all excited about them and posted that.
I have a couple others from them and they are very nice.
No worries. I ordered because I received an email from Lunar Light promoting the skull candles and stating they were limited and there would be no re-pour. You probably received the same email. Some people may really like these candles. I was just giving my impression and I do regret the purchase. I will be a bit more gun shy in the future.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does anyone know if Kringle restocks their Halloween line?
They haven't had halloween candles for years bc it didn't do well. So I think they did this halloween line as a limited number preorder because they didn't want really know how well it would do. If you live in the area of the Kringle store where maybe you could get lucky to find one or two of them. It doesn't seem like they will be restocking them. Hopefully next year they will do the line again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Which, for me, is the scent of corn stalks drying and a slight mildew on them while there's dust in the air from the rest of the field being disked and a slight aroma of ripened squash on the wagon behind the tractor and maybe the walnut leaves dried in a pile....
This sounds amazing and if I knew where you could find this candle I'd have cases of it!
My suggestion would be to use multiple candle scents to create the end result you're looking for. With that said, I don't think I've found anything that even comes close. Most candle makers add a little something extra, a spice or a sweet note, that throws the whole thing off.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thought I'd be getting my box of candles from Yankee (which include 2 witches brew). Was supposed to get it yesterday....didn't happen. Then I was supposed to get it today.......didn't happen. When I check tracking it says that the USPS will deliver it, but, it's pending delivery. These yankee orders are driving me crazy. I will definitely remember this come next year.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well, i knew it was too good to be true. Finally received my candle order from Yankee. 2 of the 4 candles arrived shattered, and one is Witches Brew. Of course i called them, but they are closed for the day. Beyond frustrated with Yankee. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
The scent description says: "A provocative mix of black leather, patchouli, smoky incense and sweet vanilla...all cloaked in musk and eerily mysterious."

I smell a smoky leather, incense, and something that reminds me of damp leaves which is probably the patchouli. If you have ever smelled any leaf notes from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab you know what I mean. It reminds me of their samhainophobia scent but with added leather.

·
Registered
932 Posts
The scent description says: "A provocative mix of black leather, patchouli, smoky incense and sweet vanilla...all cloaked in musk and eerily mysterious."

I smell a smoky leather, incense, and something that reminds me of damp leaves which is probably the patchouli. If you have ever smelled any leaf notes from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab you know what I mean. It reminds me of their samhainophobia scent but with added leather.
The description of the scent sounds amazing. Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, i knew it was too good to be true. Finally received my candle order from Yankee. 2 of the 4 candles arrived shattered, and one is Witches Brew. Of course i called them, but they are closed for the day. Beyond frustrated with Yankee. :mad:
Yes, that is just absolutely beyond frustrating. I’m so sorry. Call them tomorrow and at least get a refund. Darn Yankee Candle!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ok....

Let me preface this by saying that if anyone had told me when I joined this website I'd be posting in a candle thread, I'd have told them someone clearly stole my account.

This should give you an idea of my knowledge on the subject.

I'm looking for something.

Last year, as largely a test, I purchased a number of scented tea lights that Pumpkinrot had been going on about for a few years, and we lit a few of our 100+ pumpkins with these real tea lights to see if anyone noticed the smell and if it added anything.

I got enough comments I deemed it worth exploring further, but the smell was ALL wrong. What says 'pumpkin' to Pumpkinrot brought up 4th of July weekends at grandma's house to me.

Now, I've tried numberous candles here and haven't found what I'm looking for, thus I come here.

I need a fall candle that distributes scent very well. The one thing I will say about the ones I tried was they SMELLED A LOT. As in, sitting in the package in my shop prior to Halloween, they'd smell the entire basement a lot. Most candles are much more localized. Since this is being used outside, you get the idea. Now, the problem is I see a lot of fall candles are apple or sweet, or other smells...I'm looking for FALL.

Which, for me, is the scent of corn stalks drying and a slight mildew on them while there's dust in the air from the rest of the field being disked and a slight aroma of ripened squash on the wagon behind the tractor and maybe the walnut leaves dried in a pile....

Bonus points for tea lights, but I can make small jars work. IS there even anything close?
I know this is not what you’re asking for, but Solstice scents makes a perfume called riverside hayride that is very evocative of walking through a cornfield too me. RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE* - Moist Dirt, White Carnations, Fallen Leaves, Bare Branches, Hay & a Hint of Pressed Apples. Also,CELLAR* - Damp Earth, Stone, Wooden Casks, Cool Fall Air, Apple, Pear, Broom Corn and GUNNERSON'S PUMPKIN PATCH* - Leaves, Vines, Autumn Air, Pumpkin Flesh, Lavender, Moss, Balsam, Tonka, Hay, Caramel, Dirt, Patchouli, Mushroom

Maybe you could put the perfume oils in a tart warmer?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree. I bought one to try and I am not a huge fan. To me, it smells like being in an old tent in the heat. Random, I know, but that's what I finally was able to put my finger on. It's not horrible to me. I have been lighting the one I have to use up before I light one of my beloved Witches Brew hoard candles in a week or so.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I need some suggestions. Last week a couple of my Yankee Candle large jars arrived shattered (one was my beloved Witches Brew). The wax could saved, but I am not sure what I can put it in so that it will burn evenly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
391 Posts
@Famous Pumpkin - Do you think a mason jars mouth would be wide enough to put the candle in?
No, but could you melt it down/heat it so it's pliable and maybe pour it into a few jars? Or maybe make it into melt cups if you have any empty cups and a warner, or tarts? I had this pinterest pin and I think you could adapt it by melting the candle in a large pyrex measuring cup since you don't have the jar. You could re-use the wick and pour into a large mason jar and then make tarts or melt cups with the rest or find another wick(s) and make additional candles!

Also, I will have a large empty Yankee jar in a week or so. You are welcome to if you want t.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts