Halloween Forum banner

321 - 340 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, all. My Kringle Halloween candles just arrived and I wanted to post a photo (large Yankee Candle for size comparison) and my first impressions on cold smell.

Graveyard Night: Very pumpkin with a hint of baking spice. Seems like it could be a bit more complex pumpkin once it's burned so I'm curious to see what it smells like when the wax is warm.

Poison Apple: True apple scent, I don't pick up on any extras thrown in, just straight up sweet apple.

Haunted House: I love this one! Very spicy and complex with a strong clove top note. This will be great to burn on a cold, rainy day.

Black Cat: This one is tough to pin down. It smells a bit like a cedar closet, fresh and a bit of men's spicy cologne but not in a headache-inducing (at least for me) way. I'm burning it now to see if I can get a handle on it.

Day of the Dead: I didn't order this one but my Mom did- it's very sweet, fruity and floral.

It's Alive: This is another one that my Mom ordered but I didn't (although I wish I had!). Very earthy, reminds me of Witch City Wicks' Holy Ground.

Witches Cauldron:This is a very strong walk in the woods, campfire smell but not quite as smoke-forward as Yankee's Haunted Hollow. I have five of these (2 original, 2 Country Candle, 1 pillar) and will likely only burn them on Halloween night, both to save them and because I'm not sure it's a scent I'd want to smell season-long.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Received my Kringle Halloween candles today. The 2 country candles were a bit leaky with the dye. Candy corn had orange oil on the outside of the jar. The kringle candles are massive. On cold, I really like candy corn, graveyard night & its alive the most. Black cat & haunted house both have this cleaning product smell to me. Its very strong in the haunted house candle.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
I got the spiderweb meltcup warmer. Just wanted to share a pic of it lit up in case anyone was interested in it. The scenting seems to be fine. I've only used it a few times with my haunted hollow meltcup. The lighting is a bit odd. Its a mix of white & purple. Honestly, id rather it light up all purple or all white instead of this mess. I guess its improved since the previous incarnation only lit up halfway. I'm not in love with the look but ive got all these Halloween meltcups I bought 2 years ago and never had a warmer for them. Still hope they will make a jack o'lantern one. Don't have much faith in yankee though considering witches brew wasn't even available in it. I'm only interested in halloween scents so I don't know if ill get my money's worth unless I branch out.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Ditsterz , I know what you mean about a cleaning aroma - to me, a lot of Yankee's outdoor scents smell like soap. Usually whatever companies use for a "fresh" scent gives me a headache and unfortunately that ended up happening with Black Cat. I'm hoping that Haunted House won't do the same thing!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Received my Kringle Halloween candles today. The 2 country candles were a bit leaky with the dye. Candy corn had orange oil on the outside of the jar. The kringle candles are massive. On cold, I really like candy corn, graveyard night & its alive the most. Black cat & haunted house both have this cleaning product smell to me. Its very strong in the haunted house candle.
Thank you for the review. I missed out on all of them with the exception of Black Cat. I wish I could have picked up the others you mentioned with the exception of Haunted House. A lot of candles have sick labels this year but the scents aren’t that great.

Does anyone know if Kringle restocks their Halloween line?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Kringle credited my account for the broken Haunted House candle. I may be able to salvage the candle itself. Just have to find something to put it in.

Also, scored some Haunted Hollow candles from Ebay yesterday. So Happy. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Carefully removed the Kringle Haunted House candle from its shattered jar. The scent of this candle has a very strong clove presence. It actually reminds me of Red Cross Toothache medicine.

The candle was damaged in shipping because Kringle did a poor job of packing it so that it would arrive safely. They packed my 2 candles in a box that holds 6. So, movement, etc. led to its demise. Thankfully Witches Cauldron arrived intact.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very good shop.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Today is the last day for Yankee Candle’s 3 large jar candles for $42. Of course when I go to buy Witches’ Brew, it’s sold out. WTH YC! First you don’t offer the scent in many of your stores, then you eliminate all size options except the large jar, and now you supposedly sell out online. They’ve really screwed up this holiday season!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Today is the last day for Yankee Candle’s 3 large jar candles for $42. Of course when I go to buy Witches’ Brew, it’s sold out. WTH YC! First you don’t offer the scent in many of your stores, then you eliminate all size options except the large jar, and now you supposedly sell out online. They’ve really screwed up this holiday season!
I currently have 3 jars of WB in my posession and am expected 2 more to arrive in the next few days. I figured 5 jars will hold me through this and next Halloween. I learned my lesson last year when they ran out early in the season.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I currently have 3 jars of WB in my posession and am expected 2 more to arrive in the next few days. I figured 5 jars will hold me through this and next Halloween. I learned my lesson last year when they ran out early in the season.
You better hold on to those. Those may be the last WB made. It sure seems like they don’t want to carry it anymore.

Anyone seen any patchouli based candles in unique shaped containers this year? Sort of like the cauldron witches’ brew TJM had a year or two ago. Something other than your standard jar.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You better hold on to those. Those may be the last WB made. It sure seems like they don’t want to carry it anymore.

Anyone seen any patchouli based candles in unique shaped containers this year? Sort of like the cauldron witches’ brew TJM had a year or two ago. Something other than your standard jar.
I hate that Yankee plays this game with us every year. Will they have Witches Brew? In tealights, votives, etc.? If this is their "Staple" Halloween candle, there should be no question as to whether it will be available EVERY year.

·
Super Moderator
5,575 Posts
Ok....

Let me preface this by saying that if anyone had told me when I joined this website I'd be posting in a candle thread, I'd have told them someone clearly stole my account.

This should give you an idea of my knowledge on the subject.

I'm looking for something.

Last year, as largely a test, I purchased a number of scented tea lights that Pumpkinrot had been going on about for a few years, and we lit a few of our 100+ pumpkins with these real tea lights to see if anyone noticed the smell and if it added anything.

I got enough comments I deemed it worth exploring further, but the smell was ALL wrong. What says 'pumpkin' to Pumpkinrot brought up 4th of July weekends at grandma's house to me.

Now, I've tried numberous candles here and haven't found what I'm looking for, thus I come here.

I need a fall candle that distributes scent very well. The one thing I will say about the ones I tried was they SMELLED A LOT. As in, sitting in the package in my shop prior to Halloween, they'd smell the entire basement a lot. Most candles are much more localized. Since this is being used outside, you get the idea. Now, the problem is I see a lot of fall candles are apple or sweet, or other smells...I'm looking for FALL.

Which, for me, is the scent of corn stalks drying and a slight mildew on them while there's dust in the air from the rest of the field being disked and a slight aroma of ripened squash on the wagon behind the tractor and maybe the walnut leaves dried in a pile....

Bonus points for tea lights, but I can make small jars work. IS there even anything close?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lunar Light Co. Halloween Limited Edition Candles No Restock Act Fast!
Skull Candles
I received my skull candles from Lunar Light this morning. I’m pleasantly surprised at how quickly the company shipped and how quickly my package arrived.

I bought one in each scent, Golden Autumn and Dark Forest. I’m really not a fan of either and wish I had not purchased them. In my opinion, for me, they weren’t worth the price of $22 each plus shipping that I paid for them. Golden Autumn is a basic, run-of-the-mill, apple pie smelling candle which can be purchased cheaper, same quality, in lots of places. Dark Forest has hardly any smell at all but the odor that does come through is an Avon type soap or cologne. It doesn’t smell anything at all like woods or patchouli which was the scent description. The skull jars are nothing special and there isn’t any type of lid or way to close them. This will make it difficult to store the candles or keep them fresh for awhile. On display, the wax will get dusty if not burned regularly and/or quickly used depending on how dusty it is at your location.

I am not purchased anything else from this company but based on these two candles I won’t take a chance on anything else from them. It seems like really good Halloween and autumn scents have been difficult to find this year. Companies have put out lots of offerings but, at least for me, most have been misses instead of hits.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I received my skull candles from Lunar Light this morning. I’m pleasantly surprised at how quickly the company shipped and how quickly my package arrived.

I bought one in each scent, Golden Autumn and Dark Forest. I’m really not a fan of either and wish I had not purchased them. In my opinion, for me, they weren’t worth the price of $22 each plus shipping that I paid for them. Golden Autumn is a basic, run-of-the-mill, apple pie smelling candle which can be purchased cheaper, same quality, in lots of places. Dark Forest has hardly any smell at all but the odor that does come through is an Avon type soap or cologne. It doesn’t smell anything at all like woods or patchouli which was the scent description. The skull jars are nothing special and there isn’t any type of lid or way to close them. This will make it difficult to store the candles or keep them fresh for awhile. On display, the wax will get dusty if not burned regularly and/or quickly used depending on how dusty it is at your location.

I am not purchased anything else from this company but based on these two candles I won’t take a chance on anything else from them. It seems like really good Halloween and autumn scents have been difficult to find this year. Companies have put out lots of offerings but, at least for me, most have been misses instead of hits.
I am sorry to hear the the candles were a "bust". Candle companies like to persuade consumers to "Act Fast" - "No Restocking", as a means to sell their product. I had not heard of Lunar Light until this season on the forum. Sounds like that's a "No" from me from ever ordering from this company. The prices on candle from smaller companies, i.e., Lunar Light, Witch City Wicks, etc. seem a bit steep especially when you take into account the size. Although I do like the way the WCW candles smell.

I guess all of us candle lovers will forever be on the hunt for an outstanding smelling Autumn candle.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am sorry to hear the the candles were a "bust". Candle companies like to persuade consumers to "Act Fast" - "No Restocking", as a means to sell their product. I had not heard of Lunar Light until this season on the forum. Sounds like that's a "No" from me from ever ordering from this company. The prices on candle from smaller companies, i.e., Lunar Light, Witch City Wicks, etc. seem a bit steep especially when you take into account the size. Although I do like the way the WCW candles smell.

I guess all of us candle lovers will forever be on the hunt for an outstanding smelling Autumn candle.
I agree, they are a bit steep for what you are getting. Of course I love supporting small business. But for the price the consumer needs to feel the product is worth the extra expense. In the case of my purchase with Lunar Light I don’t feel that it was.

321 - 340 of 356 Posts
About this Discussion
355 Replies
36 Participants
ScareyCarrie
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing