Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got back from the Halloween and Party Expo in Houston. Keep in mind that this is the first show of the season and that it is mostly a Halloween and costume show. There were no animatronics other than one or two small ones. The Vegas show will also be light on animatronics so the really big cool stuff will be out in late March.

Overall we were happy with the show as it was better than last year ,last year I really saw nothing new. We were pleased with the new masks and costumes and will be carrying several of the ones in the photos if I can get them to work.

There was a large new selection of clown masks as they continue to grow in popularity. I have a photo of the new Distortions rocking Granny as well as some new Bump in the Night masks. Enjoy

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
yep...the Skelly band is cool. Do the skeletons get sold seperately? If so, how much$$?

I like the Jester Clown too and the incubators

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Lordgrimley , did the vendors (compagnies) seem to have lowered their prices for 2009 due to the bad economy ? because i am affraid if the economy still goes downhill that many stores will skip halloween this year all together :(

thanks again for posting these pictures so we can preview the new cool props :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I remember right the skeleton band was sold as separates but I don't remember the prices. I have about 20 catalogs to go through over the next few days so when I find them I will let you know.

As far as pricing goes the prices seem to go up a little every year regardless of the state of the economy. I saw no price decreases from any of the vendors. We as buyers can get some discounts but we have to buy major volume and in this market not many are doing that. We are tightening control over our inventory for 2009.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
If I remember right the skeleton band was sold as separates but I don't remember the prices. I have about 20 catalogs to go through over the next few days so when I find them I will let you know.

As far as pricing goes the prices seem to go up a little every year regardless of the state of the economy. I saw no price decreases from any of the vendors. We as buyers can get some discounts but we have to buy major volume and in this market not many are doing that. We are tightening control over our inventory for 2009.
yep, I think this next year is not going to be a good one for the after Halloween sales as stores like Big Lots and Michaels will probably cut inventory

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
yep, I think this next year is not going to be a good one for the after Halloween sales as stores like Big Lots and Michaels will probably cut inventory
Yeah I'm afraid your right about that one (glad I hit BL and other stores real hard in Nov.) and we did good at BL didn't we SB ? Walmart has more Valentines stuff out now than they had stuff for Oct.,.......weird.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Skeleton Band is by a company called Big Stuff I think. We decided against carrying these items but I'm sure someone else picked them up. We are going to focus more on handmade props here in the US. We will feature our new catalog at the beginning of May after visits to Vegas and St Louis for the last two shows.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Yeah I'm afraid your right about that one (glad I hit BL and other stores real hard in Nov.) and we did good at BL didn't we SB ? Walmart has more Valentines stuff out now than they had stuff for Oct.,.......weird.

Walmart is a big joke when it comes to Halloween. ;)

Thanks for posting this info Lordgrimley.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: Ok I officially can not live without those pig boots!!!!! Do you have any info on who made them, where I might find them, and how much they cost??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts