Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start nearly everyday with a little road trip through Halloweenland. :cool:
It sets a nice mood for rest of the day.

Of course my first stop is the forum, "howdy everyone!" Next I search google for Halloween related images for some eye candy. I often make a stop at X-entertainment.com to re-read articles from Matt's infamous Halloween Countdown-good for reminicing and a laugh. I'll usually check the sites of some forum members to see what they've been up to, love seeing everyone's progress.

I'm always looking out for orange and black stuff at garage sales throughout the summer, envisioning my yard once I'm allowed to begin the haunting, and waiting for the rest of the world to get the itch in September.

How does everyone keep a little Halloween in their day every day?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I am always listening to halloween music. I work on props or some halloween project almost every day. I watch alot of horror movies. I constantly search the web for halloween music, pictures, and old nostalgic halloween stuff. I have many costume catalogs that i browse frequently for costume or prop ideas. I also have many halloween books on various subjects that i read or browse through.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
My house is surrounded by orange roses, I listen to Midnight Syndicate while I clean house. I work on props nearly everyday. When I look at magazines they are always past issues from october (for ideas). My house is decorated gothic victorian and I grow black flowers and carnivorous plants. I have a large hutch filled with antique Halloween decorations. I come here and . . . . .

. . . When my phone rings it is the theme from Halloween.

Everyone who knows me knows it's always Halloween. They are never surprised to see something like a Bucky at the dining room table while we are eating. they're cool with it though.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
During the day, whilst at work, I am normally haunting the forum corridors.
I've just started prop building for this season, so I'll be in the workshop for at least a couple of hours in the evening working on props or on my Movie monster figures. Whilst in the workshop, I'll normally have some Nox Arcana or Midnight Syndicate playing.
I'll usually watch a horror movie after dinner and then back to the forum for a bit before returning to my resting place.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I definitely check in on the forum every day. I should be working on projects more. But I AM currently sitting in my costume so I can take pictures tonight to get feedback. I was laughing out loud thinking how funny it would be if my neighbors walked by the window and saw me like this.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I do check the forum every day even if I don't log on, I also look for black items to use during my party, like black candelabras black plates and cake stands and am always looking for Halloween things in the local thrift stores. Glad to see Im not the only crazy one.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Well, I check the board nearly everyday, even if I don't post. My yoga room/office/crafting area is painted orange and here are a few shots of the desk area (which is obviously painted green)

My favorite "witchy" stuff:

With the pumpkin lights lit:

And of course, my pride and joy, The Magic Pumpkin, who has fuzzy pumpkins hanging from the mirror, (instead of dice ;) ) black roses in the vase, and NBC steering wheel cover and floormats. Oh, and the license plate is OCT 31. She keeps me in the spirit everyday!! (The JOL faces are only on during October)

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's the coolest car I've ever seen.....and I used to have pumpkin lights like that......wonder what happened to them.....

I also listen to halloween music everyday. Not just songs about Halloween, but actual screams. I fall asleep to it every night along with my "frightlight" of a jackolantern. Everyday I also burn pumpkin scented candles. I've read Al Sarrantonio's Orangefield series so many times I can recite it.....and I have orange and black hair....or I used to before my hair started rejecting the color and I tried purple. Now I'm waiting for Hannah to come home so we can bleach my hair and make it orange again.

Oh and I watch the Rosanne Halloween eps every day when I come home from work. The other day Frasier's Halloween ep was on and I freaked out just because it was Halloween.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love to listen to Halloween music and I love to check on my pumpkins that are growing every morning before I leave for work. My dream job would be to work only on Halloween props, etc during the day instead of having a boring day job. I love Halloween so much I want it to be Halloween everyday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That car is great! As for my daily Halloween spirit. I try and check the Forum everday. I'm always planning activities, decorations and costumes for the coming season. I'm starting to figure out the costumes for this year. I listen to music, watch movies, read stories, TV shows like Paranormal State is always good.

Also, this year I'm thinking about having "Halloween In July" on July 31st for friends and family. I know the real Halloween isn't that far away from July 31st but last season got terribly interrupted by different events. Someone stole a part of my yard decorations which put me in a funk and then I got sick for a week starting a day before Halloween (I lost my voice for most of that time.) I still went out and bar-hopped in costume but everything else didn't happen. The uncooperative weather didn't leave us with much of a Halloween week. So I still feel like I didn't get my Halloween last year. I have not suggested the idea to friends yet but they're fans of Halloween so I think they'll dig it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That car is way cool!!! Now thats the spirit.

I often check youtube and browse through yard haunt videos etc. I watch some of my fav shows that are Halloweenish. Charmed, Buffy, Dead Like Me. I even rewatched Elvira Mistress of the Dark the other day. I also come here, which is really nice as its always Halloween around here.

You know there is an online simulation game called second life and there are all year round Halloween areas. Last I checked there was one, I don't know if she is still running it.

But this topic got me thinking. What if there was a town (other than Salem MA) where you could have Halloween all year round? Would you get sick of it? I often think one day for Halloween just isn't enough. I mean I celebrate it all through the year, but the decorations go out October 1st just about. I try to leave one or two things out all year or decorate in September, but my parents fight me on that saying "its too early." So once I get my own place, September is okay in my opinion.

I am also curious, do any of you get sad because Halloween seems to take forever to get here? I find sometimes I just can't wait for it to get here and for the summer heat to be over...I hate the hot weather, I like fall and winter weather.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I usually come to the forum as much as I can while I listen to halloween music.
Another way of me keeping in the mood is by watching tv series such as The X-Files or A Haunting or Ghost Hunters. :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
After reading what everyone else does on a daily basis I was thinking I must not be as obsessed as I thought I was since I only think about halloween constantly but then yesterday while channel surfing I ran across a BARNEY halloween episode and watched it :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts