Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To tell you the truth I have never tasted the regular Egg Nog haha, some people say that Advocaat (snowballs) is similar to it?? But I would love to buy that Halloween Egg Nog! :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hehe! me neither, but like you I think it is like snowballs. I always think of childhood Christmases as it was the only time I was allowed a "small drink" with the adults, advocar, lemonade and lime juice....I used to love it!

BW

:)

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
What the heck is halloween egg nog? I feel out of the loop! How is different from traditional holiday Egg Nog?! Is it spiked with pumpkin juice?!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Here's company that makes pumpkin egg nog
Hood Pumpkin EggNog

and heres a recipe I found:

PUMPKIN EGG NOG

1/2 c. sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. Half and Half milk
3 egg whites
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin extract
1/4 tsp. all spice
orange food coloring

Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, 1/2 teaspoon salt, all spice, and milk. Cook in thick boiler, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a gentle rolling boil. Remove from heat. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar and pumpkin extract; beat well. Pour egg white mixture into the cooked mixture and with a hand beater beat until thoroughly mixed. Chill, serve in punch cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon if desired.

Serves 6-8.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe! me neither, but like you I think it is like snowballs. I always think of childhood Christmases as it was the only time I was allowed a "small drink" with the adults, advocar, lemonade and lime juice....I used to love it!

BW

Hahaha, same here!! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's company that makes pumpkin egg nog
Hood Pumpkin EggNog

and heres a recipe I found:

PUMPKIN EGG NOG

1/2 c. sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. Half and Half milk
3 egg whites
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin extract
1/4 tsp. all spice
orange food coloring

Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, 1/2 teaspoon salt, all spice, and milk. Cook in thick boiler, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a gentle rolling boil. Remove from heat. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar and pumpkin extract; beat well. Pour egg white mixture into the cooked mixture and with a hand beater beat until thoroughly mixed. Chill, serve in punch cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon if desired.

Serves 6-8.
Oh how wonderful....I'll be trying this out!! ;)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
PUMPKIN EXTRACT???!!! lol where do you find THAT? And how do all you brits know about advocaat? That's a dutch thing, isn't it?

MsM

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PUMPKIN EXTRACT???!!! lol where do you find THAT? And how do all you brits know about advocaat? That's a dutch thing, isn't it?

MsM
We've had it for years in our family mainly at Christmas...its yummy!! ...I'm wondering about Pumpkin Extract too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
MMmmmmm ......Pumpkin extract.....best find a pumpkin and start extracting!!!:D

Yes Chrismastime...always advocat at christmastime! Yummy!

BW

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
I've heard of pumpkin pie spice but not extract. Wonder if it's made from the spice.

I really like the idea of a pumpkin pie egg nog. I assume it's orange in color. I bet it would be nice to serve in little shooters. Maybe sprinkled on top with a little black decorating sugar to make it black and orange.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts

MsM
Dunno about Pumpkin extract Meeps, I've never seen that..
As for advocaat, it's quite a traditional drink over here at Christmas time.
Most kids first experience with an alchoholic drink is to be allowed a "snowball"
(Advocaat & Lemonade) at Christmas.

One of my earliest Christmas memories is watching dear Mother with a glass of Warninks aadvocaat in one hand whilst the other was thrust deep into the nether regions of a huge, dead bird. :):)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts