Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So for the last two years my friend and I decorated the door to my apartment using paper. It’s come to be the background kids take their Halloween photos in front of, so it’s important for me to get right.

This year I’d like to make the living room It opens into, into Frankenstein’s lab. I’m looking for ideas to tie the door in. Would also love to see what other do!

As you can see in the photos below the door is in a brightly lit hallway and in a corner. It is black under the paper.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Like Spookerstar said, maybe make the door an old, heavy metal dungeon door, and have smoke and bubbles coming off the sides to indicate something has just blown up.

Very creative though!

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is amazing! Is that your house all the time? I want that to be my room!

Great idea with the styrofoam! My brain was staying in paper but that is better
No, I got that off Google---This is a Frankenstein lab we did about 4 years ago. The walls are stryfoam (we wanted a dungeon feel so we made the foam look like large blocks of stone) you would want to give your foam panel alot more detail and color variation as its a doorway, but you can definitely make styrofoam look like stone

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa! These are amazing ideas all! I also think now I have to do my living room walls! That would really take this up a level!

·
Registered
745 Posts
No, I got that off Google---This is a Frankenstein lab we did about 4 years ago. The walls are stryfoam (we wanted a dungeon feel so we made the foam look like large blocks of stone) you would want to give your foam panel alot more detail and color variation as its a doorway, but you can definitely make styrofoam look like stone View attachment 714477
That is a great/creepy scene!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Whoa! These are amazing ideas all! I also think now I have to do my living room walls! That would really take this up a level!
i think they make "scene setters" in different variations. I remember WitchfulThinking used one that looked like a field of corn with pumpkins one time. Maybe they have one that looks like stone walls/lab

·
Registered
704 Posts
Upon reading the title of the post; my intended reply was waaaaaaaay off so this is just an FYI & of no help but the responses are amazing. I started an Evergreen Enterprises thread that no one replied to. They have fabric door decorations new this year (haven't found them out yet) that have sound & movement. Pretty cute.

·
Registered
723 Posts
So great that your door has become a destination! Like the other suggestions you could make it lab oriented like:

Or you could make it more a fun interactive thing like flipping the switch for frankenstein maybe with sound effects...look something like this:

One of my favorite etsy shops has fun levers etc. and might have something you could use: https://www.etsy.com/listing/528236840/mad-science-lab-levers?ref=shop_home_active_84&frs=1

Or I think you can get door stickers (vinyl---I have never done one for the full door before but when I go to conventions I get some that stick right to the door and then use a hairdryer to get it to release and remove without damage at the end of the weekend). Here is one I found on google - this one is not exactly the right theme but you get the idea: https://pulaton.com/products/door-s...cole-film-self-adhesive-poster-30x7977x200-cm

Excited to see what you come up with!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts