Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we can't do any decorating this year because our house is going to the market :( i'm really bummed, all i have this year is Halloween specials, movies and candy. I'm going to have to get some spirt through everyones posts!

but i do have this to look forward to next halloween!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But wow, that shorter flat rooftop has endless possibilities. If it were mine- I would totally have a large group of skeletons, dressed in fancy dress, ballroom dancing up there :eek:

·
Registered
903 Posts
JOIN THE CLUB.......I am managing in my STRUGGLE by knowing that next year I WILL make up for the lose this year......I took it one step further....I have NOT even step foot in a halloween store......Talk about self abuse....

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Your next house should make you feel fantastic. You can already start planning out what to put where or start building props for it, right?

Building props and planning should help you make it through this year.

Last year I was in a TINY apartment and I made it through by carving pumpkins for my friends (and dropping them off when they weren't home) then going to someone else's house to give out candy on Halloween. It worked pretty well. Oh...and I adopted a black cat. hah hah. He's wonderful and spooky!

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
we can't do any decorating this year because our house is going to the market :( i'm really bummed, all i have this year is Halloween specials, movies and candy. I'm going to have to get some spirt through everyones posts!

but i do have this to look forward to next halloween!

Wow, wow, and wow.
HH, somehow I think you'll be able to find some solace in planning next year's haunt, to pull you through this year.
That house looks amazing! Of course, the haunt potential is incredible, but the architectural design alone is beautiful. It's not a historical landmark, is it? (just wondering if it's been registered as one, if that might limit what you'd be allowed to do as a home haunt)

·
Captain o'th Black Pearl
2,036 Posts
Hogwaddle an' baulderdash says I!! Let us, dear friends, naught forget our dear friend, th' DLP projector! Flippin' 'glorious lil device.. Project video o' images or drawing's of said images o' ghosts an' ghouls, Jack-o ('love tha' name Jack)-lanterns onto any, an' oll windows, ',mate.. savvy?

You simply MUST see this.. imagine if ye will, these projected on yer windows at night.. be nothin' else on th' house atoll! In th' evenin' 'ang plastic sheets o'er yer windows an usin' th' projector (borrow or rent one) throw th' video onta th' sheet. Ta look at th' house, nothin' seems outta place, until night..

http://www.hallowindow.com/

'ere be th' thread wit' th' full info: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/69951-hallowindow-2008-production.html

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I understand your frustration! I will not be doing any outside decor this year because we will be gone on Halloween night. It is so depressing! I keep looking at last year's photos and wishing and thinking of what I could be adding to make it even better, blah, blah, blah... I am able to decorate inside but it is just not the same.
Just wait till next year - we'll be back with a vengeance! ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm in the same boat Headless Horseman. This year my husband and I are on the road so I'm currently living out of a hotel. I'm crossing my fingers that we make it back to Tulsa before the big day and at least I can decorate my mother's house and carve pumpkins with my friends. Maybe it would help you too if someone else would let you decorate their house?
Until then, like me, keep drooling over pictures of other people's haunts to keep your spirits up!

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
That house is amazing. Just as a house. But the halloween potential. Well thinking of that would get me through this year. You can survive with the movies and junk food ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts