Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always find it interesting when I find something for another holiday or season but it works out well for Halloween. I bought a couple of large celtic crosses from At Home at the end of summer as they were phasing out garden items at 50% off. Those crosses will look great in my cemetery. Well, this week at Costco, they have put out in the Christmas section a large angel statute that is four feet tall for $67. I am so tempted to add her to the cemetery.

Anybody else come across other items that fit Halloween but where meant for another holiday?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Do you mean like this? Or something we don't alter in any way. This was Santa Clause. I cut off his beard and threw a costume on him. I do have some garden Angels that I use in the cemetery. That Angel you have there is gorgeous.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
I thought that was the same angel I used for my mini beloved stone, but its just similar. I got mine years ago at Big Lots in the garden statues (it's resin and about 3 foot high, for $15 on clearance).

Garden statues are ALWAYS good for use in a cemetery type setting - angels, cherubs, saints, crosses... fall is a great time to find them for cheap.

I just finished a creepy little prop this year using a rotating x-mas tree stand
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/144200-circus-carnival-theme-scarousel-mechanically-challenged.html

And of course, I've got tons of x-mas lights repurposed as creepy carnival lights this year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Halloween is all about decay, so anything can become a Halloween decoration with a little dust & grime.

I go the other direction. Santa hats on my spiders & other decor that lives all year rouhd. I know one person whose Halloween tree gets new ornaments each month in fall & winter.

·
crossfit zombie
7,563 Posts
I thought that was the same angel I used for my mini beloved stone, but its just similar. I got mine years ago at Big Lots in the garden statues (it's resin and about 3 foot high, for $15 on clearance).

Garden statues are ALWAYS good for use in a cemetery type setting - angels, cherubs, saints, crosses... fall is a great time to find them for cheap.

I just finished a creepy little prop this year using a rotating x-mas tree stand
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/144200-circus-carnival-theme-scarousel-mechanically-challenged.html

And of course, I've got tons of x-mas lights repurposed as creepy carnival lights this year.

love the scarousel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts