Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of themes are you doing? It can be off movies,video games I would like to hear your ideas and thoughts on this subject

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Since Halloween 2019 was rained out I’m actually recycling our themes from last year because we haven’t technically used them yet. Keep in mind we have a wide lot that’s not too deep. For the front yard it’s a big hay bale, scarecrow, pumpkin and witch display with tons of farm related skeleton critters. The side yard was supposed to be a spooky forest complete with moon and werewolves and a gypsy tent cause someone had to curse you or save from being a werewolf. I’m currently working on revising the side yard with a potential walk through. I’m really trying to play up the spooky forest idea. I’d like to create a massive vulture nest area with deathly looking trees. Add more trees for the werewolves and the path turn into an L turn where our spider widow prop lives with her giant spiders. We are really trying to balance a cute display with a slightly darker one that’s optional.

What are you working on theme wise?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just expanding and fine tuning the Pirate Graveyard from prior years, since I couldn't use last year's new props because of the rain and snow, i've already gotten a jump start on this year's new additions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not entirely sure if I will be able to do a haunt this year or not. The out building I had used for prior haunts was damaged by a falling tree. Plus my house isn't located in the best spot for doing haunts as I have found out from years past as it seems fewer guests roll by. I have a large portion of yard off the beaten path from my driveway though, and always thought it'd be super cool to do a haunted still/shack. Basically have the whole plot be themed around a bootleg whiskey still which exploded and killed the family involved in making it.They would then come back as angry ghosts intent on taking your body in order to finish making their backwoods moonshine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts