Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor likes to do the cute stuff (Happy pumpkins, skellies, witches, ghosts, etc) and uses alot of those blow-up yard decorations.

I, on the other hand prefer to do scary. As real as possible if I can.

What do you all like to do?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,847 Posts
More scary than cute.

I don't do gore, but I do more on the creepy side. Typical tombstones, graveyard, ghosts, witch...

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
Those cute blow up yard decorations, hmmmmm ....... I'd love to blow up! Higher a Juvenal delinquent and give them a pellet gun with unlimited ammo! LOL!

Those ghastly blow up things should be banned, period! Cutsie is for Christmas, gruesome is for Halloween, no if and's or but's! These people who think Halloween should be cute are the same that make the Halloween into the Fall or Autumn Leaf Festive in our schools and towns. Give this old Spook a break, Geeeezzzz!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I like spooky with a little humor thrown in. Creepy cemetery, skeletons, zombies - maybe a skeleton or zombie doing something funny or unexpected, it depends on my mood. But NO inflatables ever!
For indoors I have a little bit of everything. Mostly gothic/Poe style, lots of black accents. But I also have a book shelf that is dedicated to all the jack o lanterns and candle holders and stuff I've collected since my kids were little and some of it is pretty cutesy.
I'm very eclectic!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, I do the Inflatables, intending to do more, but to a more Spooky sort of thing.
I am updating my Haunt to include more spookiness.
I don't go for the Gore kind of thing.
Something more to send the Shivers through a body, not to scare off people from wanting to see our haunt.
I like to elicit Smiles and Laughter, Not Terror and Fear.
Besides, there are a Ton of Little, Little Kids in our part of the neighborhood, who I don't want to send away Screaming or crying.
I would like to so something that All ages can appreciate.
Besides, this is a Family kind of community, so I want Everyone to be able to come and Participate.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Well HauntedHacienda, that is the great thing about this holiday of ours - there is something for everyone to enjoy! Keep doing whatever makes you happy, no need to defend yourself around here! ;)

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
oh scary, the kids round here have never seen anything like it, so it has got to stick in their heads. Can't do gore as i think it would be too extreme, although we do have crying tot every year at the gate with the parents trying to push them in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Scary and gorey! Unfortunately, nobody else in the house likes scary OR gorey. So everything's always SO CUTE it makes you want to blow your brains out.

When I live in my own house, it will be scary and gorey for sure. My house will be the kind of place that even the THOUGHT of going near it makes you nausious.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes, I do the Inflatables, intending to do more, but to a more Spooky sort of thing.
I am updating my Haunt to include more spookiness.
I don't go for the Gore kind of thing.
Something more to send the Shivers through a body, not to scare off people from wanting to see our haunt.
I like to elicit Smiles and Laughter, Not Terror and Fear.
Besides, there are a Ton of Little, Little Kids in our part of the neighborhood, who I don't want to send away Screaming or crying.
I would like to so something that All ages can appreciate.
Besides, this is a Family kind of community, so I want Everyone to be able to come and Participate.
You took my words right our of my mouth, we still have to beg people to walk our trail and we look very cute at the start (front and side yard) to draw them in and then turn to creepy and spooky but no blood, gore or horrific scenes what-so-ever....way too many little kids here and to me Halloween was never a slasher movie JMHO.Gosh I get excited when I see a inflatable at least they tried to decorate which is rare here, I love seeing them !!

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I guess you would say mine is on the side of scary definitely not cute. I would likely, instead, use the words creepy or macabre. I am not really into gore and guts but the grotesque fascination of a skeleton in a crows cage.....

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I'm in the middle. I like witches and ghosts, but not smiling ones giving away candy. I also don't like to do guts everywhere...

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't do the inflatables, but who cares if people have them in their yards? Better than nothing! :D Better than just plain boring yard lol!

I like the mysterious spooky. Fun, and cool ! As far as the cute I like It's The Great Pumpkin theme. Variety and free choice of what ya want to do is key.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I'm all about the scary. But I can't figure out, aside from having fake body parts laying around, how would you do gory??? Are you guys talking about in your haunts or in your yard displays?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts