Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Haunters,

I am a Den Leader for our Cub Scout Pack and have 3rd graders in my den. I would like to do some Halloween crafts during one of our upcoming den meetings but drawing a blank on what to have them create. Any thoughts or ideas???

Thanks!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Cub crafts...

There are sooo many great craft ideas this time of year. I recommend that you head to your local library to comb through several magazines and books to get some age appropriate ideas. You may need to consider the parents reactions/feelings if you cross over the line into areas of gruesome-ness.

I also recommend several on-line teacher sites for age appropriate crafts such as TeacherVision.com -- but overall, being cub scouts, I think it would be cool to create something out of only natural woodsy stuff - tree limbs, sticks, twigs, leaves, and of course a pumpkin head. Maybe a swamp monster on a pole that is stuck in the ground. Then you can tell flashlight tales one night after the project is done. The boys can each make a smaller lapel-pin version using sticks and medical gauze giving a nod to camping-in-a spooky forest first aid!;)

Anyway - here are a few Scary Story books for your scouts -- oh and one more thing... BOO!

The CAMPFIRE collection - Spine Tingling Tales to Tell in the Dark
; edited by Eric B. Martin; Chronicle Books, San Francisco Chronicle Books : An independent publisher of distinctive books and gifts

More Stories for Around the Campfire by Ray Harriot; Campfire Publishing Company - 8107 Bayou Bend Blvd, laurel, MD 20724-1958.

Hope this helps. . .:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts