Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Each year, I host a Halloween party for the playgroup I joined when my DD4 was really little. The kids have liked coming over to see all our decorations, and I always have some fun stuff for them to do. It's a small group of 4-5 year olds, with a few younger siblings thrown in - less than 10 kiddos total.

I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for an easy, tried & true craft project that the littles can do. In the past, we've made pictures with Halloween stickers, and last year I cut up paper straws with Halloween prints into small 'beads' that the kids could string onto pipe cleaners and make necklaces & bracelets with. That was a big hit, BTW, and I totally recommend it! I'd like a craft that doesn't require a ton of supervision - no paints or even markers, preferably. I'm going to cruise around Pinterest but I'd love a personal recommendation if you have one, and an idea that doesn't take a ton of prep work. I don't have a ton of space so it can't be huge either.

We're gonna play a Pin the Hat on the Witch game, I've got the great bump & go ghost from Cracker Barrel that the kids will all get turns 'shooting', and I normally use black electrical tape to make a spider web on my floor for the kids to balance on & play with fake bugs on. :D LOL - most of them like that, but a few won't do it. I also have the cool (if I do say so myself!) haunted mansion dollhouse that I made, so they'll have lots to occupy them in addition to our normal toys. I find if I give them lots to do, they "let" us parents sit down more, talk & eat! ;)

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
238 Posts
We have a couple of the Target bowling games, one is with mummies and the other is with pumpkins, many Halloween crafts from Jo Annes and Michaels (best time to buy is NOV 1 for the next year). We also have small magic sets and trick cards from Dollar Tree along with jokes like the squirting mustard and ketchup bottles, snake cans, etc. We also have puzzles (under 50 pieces) we found at CVS, Halloween Coloring Books from Dollar Castle, and Halloween placemats with crayons similar to what kids get in a restaurant (you can make them yourself or buy them, maze generators and such are online). We display them on shelves that have a coffin facade and let the kids go at em at their leisure.

Basementt (36).jpg

Basementt (6).jpg

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We did a pumpkin decorating table for the kids this year. I bought those small foam pumpkins from Dollar Tree and went to the craft store and bought pipe cleaner, self sticking felt, and some small felt doll hats. I cut shapes out of the felt that could be used to decorate the face with and the pipe cleaner sticks right into the pumpkin with ease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts