Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get extreamly nervous when you sign in and see the countdown to Halloween?

I mean I'm excited but wow does that countdown remind me of how much work that's ahead and how little time is left.

·
Registered
725 Posts
lol. especially since us Minnesotans just crawled out of our hibernation hole for the year. Finally warm enough to use my compressor!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Alright,who plugged in the countdown clock............ :rolleyes:

Tooooooo many projects.......so little time to kill...... er i mean build dead things ! :D

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
So funny you should mention that...

Just yesterday I said to someone at work..."only 202 days until Halloween!"

They looked at me like I had two heads, LOL!!!

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
I had been holding off starting any props. I was hoping to hold out until summer was over. But, I caved and started a project. Now that countdown clock mocks me every time I sign in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am with ya MHooch, I mentioned it at work the other day it was almost end of April and I didn't have things planned for my haunt like I wanted for it to be so late in the year and I was yelled at, "it's only friggin April, what is wrong with you?" I usually keep my mouth shut until about August so people won't look at me like I am nuts. And as far as the countdown running fast...it is!!! It will be October before we know it and all these people who think I am nuts will be wanting another great year at my haunt not understanding what all goes into it YEAR ROUND.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Yeah it reminds me that I need to get my ass in gear and finish the remaining sections of my Halloween website BY Halloween.

This was one of the worst winters I can remember so I would like the clock stay on 200 days for about 45 days ;)
Yeah we had our worst winter that I can remember as well. Makes it hard to get stuff done.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm excited, I can't wait! It'll be here before we know it. YEAH! I'd better get to work on the interior in the Hearse, first. I CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My favorite is when you tell people that your going home to work on stuff for Halloween the look that you get. Then you always get the question "But it's April don't you just throw that stuff up in October?"
Ohh well someone has to do the work to make children cry. . .let it be us!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
199 days....now the heart starts pounding!!!!

This Easter we had the family at one of my husbands aunts house, Grandma & Grandpa couldn't host for the first time Ever because Grandpa had lung surgery for Cancer a week before. My daughter asked "Why aren't we going to Grandma house? All we do is hang out in the Basement?" I said "Yeah that is like saying all we do at Halloween is hang out in the Garage" It is Amazing how much background work goes in to things!!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yes My Dear Halloween Friends.....I'm feeling the crunch too. BUT!!!I'm excited, because we were so behind last year I made a promise to myself that this year would be different so I been a busy little shopper!! I bought a whole bunch of new tools & things to make tombstones too! (styrofoam cutters)

I been buying materials like crazy so we are ready to start with about 5 projects right now! Just gotta get a few candy orders out of the way & we can start. Perfect weather here now so the building begins!!

May The Force Be With You!!

the Muffster

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
it scares the crap out of me we have less then 200 days till halloween and i as usual haven't had time to start a thing. i have all these ideas and just know i will be no where near what i want to do.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
it scares the crap out of me we have less then 200 days till halloween and i as usual haven't had time to start a thing. i have all these ideas and just know i will be no where near what i want to do.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Funny to find this thread this morning ecause this morning is the first morning I noticed the count down. It scares me a bit but I think it has motivated me to work on one of my projects today.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts