·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
49 days to meteorological autumn
70 days to astronomical autumn
79 days to October
109 days to Hallowe'en

A general interest thread to count down the days, and to contribute your thoughts, discoveries, poems, images, and whatever as we approach our favorite time of year. Bring on the magic!

Photo by Cobalt123

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great Thread!

I like to see the various stores begin their displays/stock. Around me it usually starts with Michaels. With each store adding autumn/Halloween to the shelves I get more and more giddy :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
48 days to meteorological autumn
69 days to astronomical autumn
78 days to October
108 days to Hallowe'en

Two weeks ago the holiday special Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Fall 2009 appeared on the magazine racks from Hoffman Media, the publisher of Taste of the South and Cooking with Paula Deen. Check it out if you see it, lots of Hallowe'en ideas inside.

·
Registered
670 Posts
48 days to meteorological autumn
69 days to astronomical autumn
78 days to October
108 days to Hallowe'en

Two weeks ago the holiday special Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Fall 2009 appeared on the magazine racks from Hoffman Media, the publisher of Taste of the South and Cooking with Paula Deen. Check it out if you see it, lots of Hallowe'en ideas inside.
Cool- thanks for this. I'll have to check for it!

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Great thread. I'm trying to stay out of the stores...no funds this year. But I know I will eventually cave and sacrifice some lunch money or some such and buy that one item (what ever it will be) that no one has marketed yet!

Anyone have a good lock to put on my pocket book? Cackle, Hee, hee

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Elza, anyone needing to save money on decorations can find lots of stuff for free in every town in the country. All you need is a shovel, a pick, a lantern and a lookout.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
47 days to meteorological autumn
68 days to astronomical autumn
77 days to October
107 days to Hallowe'en

Recently I bought some fake crows at Michaels, for Hallowe'en decorations. When a neighbor heard this, he said they could stay at his place until then. Sure enough, the crows have been attached variously to fence and tree at his home, and are moved around regularly. His housekeeper, inside his home, said, "I've been looking at those birds for an hour and they haven't moved. They must be sick." When she left, she stopped and said to the birds, "Why don't you fly away?" :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
halloween

I just love the smell of October, the smell of the wet leaves, the cool air, the stores decoratoing for halloween. I wish Halloween was 24/7.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have yet to start, but i think my only addition this year will be a gallows pole, or perhaps a guillotine if i can get that one past my wife. We have a very small front yard with lots of plants and she was concerned about something like that smashing them down.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts