Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm a plus-size short person and I just can't find a costume that I'm happy with. Ooh - maybe I can be a pumpkin with an evil grin!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its hard to find good costumes they are always to short and revealing for my taste. You have to either make one or spend the big bucks for the theatrical made costumes.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,347 Posts
This will be mine:

That's not me. I'm just saying that will be mine. :)

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
I want to try some vampire teeth from hot topic this year, and find some gothic clothing somewhere. do yall have any ideas?
You can get your gothic clothes from Hot Topic as well. By the Way, Look into the Hot Topic while you are shopping. There are allllll kinds of ideas you can be for Halloween! :cool::D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd be perfect as that girl from Hairspray - maybe I can make her a zombie or something. Instead of Tracy Turnblad, I'd be Tracy TurnedBad! But I'm not sure if anyone would know who I was trying to be.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm a plus-size short person and I just can't find a costume that I'm happy with. Ooh - maybe I can be a pumpkin with an evil grin!
It may not be gender correct but as an ample size shorty myself "The Hunchback" has always been a great back-up plan for me. Easy to do as well. Cloth tunic, tights, goofy teeth, Keebler Elf shoes. My sister did a costume for her ex where she used a bald cap stuffed with batting as the hump poking out the back of the tunic.

Marc V.

·
Registered
23 Posts
probably either something from Pirates of the Caribbean or a costume called "Lady Gruesome" that I fell in love with on halloweenexpress.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
It may not be gender correct but as an ample size shorty myself "The Hunchback" has always been a great back-up plan for me. Easy to do as well. Cloth tunic, tights, goofy teeth, Keebler Elf shoes. My sister did a costume for her ex where she used a bald cap stuffed with batting as the hump poking out the back of the tunic.

Marc V.
Well that's an idea, Ravenworks - I think I'm halfway there already - all I need is the funky outfit! Ooh - if I can find someone to be the hunchback, I could be Mrs. Hunchback...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I usually go as a grim reaper, just because it is usually hard for me to come up with something that suits me very well and can cover me up. Really tall, heavy set, broad shoulders... Wait, I got it... Pilsbury Dough Boy!!! Nah, just thinking it put on like 10 pounds. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Help has arrived

Don't worry help has arrived here is a site with incredible costumes, I don't mean the cheap ones you find in a typical Halloween store, and what’s even better they are reasonably priced, and they have all sizes and I do mean all sizes. Hope you find something Jen :D
http://stores.ebay.com/cloakcompany

·
Loathsome Crypt Dweller
951 Posts
In the graveyard, I'll probably spend part of the time in a black robe and faceless cowl like always, looking after the restless spirits, etc. Maybe spend a little time in the ghillie suit getting some scares.

When visiting other haunts I'll probably go as The Reverend Chuck. Amazing how nice people are to you in that mode of dress.

·
Loathsome Crypt Dweller
951 Posts
How 'bout a gypsy fortune teller? You can have tons of fun telling fortunes, and other people enjoy it (except some who might think you're, you know, evil--but that can be fun too.)

You can gaze into the crystal ball, or read palms, or 'trow d' bones, etc. Tarot cards take some learnin', but they always make a good show.

You can go serious and scary with it or go for laughs. Either can be a winner.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am kind of stuck. Normally my Girlfriend picks out our costumes because we HAVE to be a couple at every party. But this year her and her gay friend Rob are both going to be Lady Gaga. I have to tell you that I laughed for a solid hour when they presented me with their planned costume.

So for right now I am not really sure what I want to be. This one time I had too much to drink while cruising around E-bay and bought all this Knight stuff (AWESOME IDEA AT THE TIME!) A helmet, a couple swords .. maybe I will be a knight. At least I'd get more use out of it than just me and my buddies putting it on and taking turns punching each other in the head. (Again. Having too much to drink at a BBQ)

I've been scanning these boards though, and you guys have some great ideas .. maybe I'll steal one of them.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
I usually go as a "wise woman of the forest" with - hooded cloak with lots of found objects, twigs, and bones attached. For this year I found a different, more goth-y and above all else WARMER hooded robe to wear that should go nicely with my Seven Deadly Sins theme. I'll probably toss on my fabulous Cthulhu mask that I love but never seem to be able to work into my display. Simple and effective for this plus-sized, pasty, misshapen body!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts