Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm Ryan and my kids are looking for the perfect Halloween costume this year... They are 10 and 8 and want something scary but appropriate. I'd love if anyone could help me and my kids find ideas for their costumes this year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, there is always a classic idea like wearing a pumpkin costume and a ghost costume.
But maybe it's too simple.
How about characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas? There are a lot of amazing characters with Halloween look :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Crazy Dentist (cordless dremel/N02 tank/teeth necklace)
Sandy from Grease (half good/half bad sandy?)
Slot machine
Max (where the wild things are)
Gas Pump
Tube of toothpaste
Mickey in a Mousetrap
Storm Cloud
Tornado
Jack/Jill in the Box
Golfer Hit By Lightning
Postal Carrier Attacked by dogs

These are all ones that I have done for my kids

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be simple to maybe come up with something by browsing through thrift stores- you might easily find things you could use to make a costume for a ghost/zombie from any time period, a vampire, witch... all of that generic stuff. sometimes just some distressed old clothes with the perfect face-painting job can be excellent. All the same, here are some other scary ideas that could be made with some cannibalized thrift clothes:
-rag doll/porcelain doll/voodoo doll
-victim (torn costume with decorative skeleton, birds, zombie, bugs, radioactive mutant sharks, or whatever 'attacking' them)
-headless (fake upper body on the shoulders with head in fake arms or in a box being carried by fake upper body- it'll work since they're shorter at their age)
-half-monster experiment (paint or dress part of them to look like a monster or animal- squid legs, claws, half of a monster face, etc. If one of them did this, the other could be the mad scientist that made them!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
CandiedOnions
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing