Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically this year my costume is going to be a sort of punkish ragdoll. I am planning to make a large tag to wrap around my arm and am going to draw stiches on my wrists and each side of my mouth with other make up details too. Currently I have a petticoat as a sort of tutu, long striped socks and a pair of black bloomers (without lace) for under the skirt. I also have two types of of pink ribbon, one is for pigtails and the lace is for possible detailing. I'm stuck when it comes to a top. I need something that will cover up the top of the petticoat but that will suit the theme. I've tried looking at costumes online but all use dresses not a top and skirt so I'm kind of stuck. I had considered using a dress and just cutting up the ends so they hang over the skirt? Please help! Any and all suggestions are welcome, I just would like some advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think you can get some ideas if you Google "Harujuku Girls". They have lots of images that may help you get to where you want to go. Just a little less color and add your touch of drawn on stitches on your mouth and wrists and you could pull it off.

Harajuku loosely translates into Japanese street fashion. Its kind of like cyberpunk but with vivid colors and without the technology overtones

Hope this helps, Marc V.

harajuku-fashion-600x400.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts