Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
This year I'm going with Lydia from the Beetlejuice cartoon. I love the spiderweb poncho!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I feel like i perfect my scarecrow costume a little bit more each year. Its kinda fun to just expand on the same costume and add more each time to make it better (providing my home-made mask still keeps intact!!)

but i was considering a new costume - I've wanted to do a sort of dead / ghost like bell boy.... the old school type that takes your bags to your room in the really fancy Hotels!

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,382 Posts
still trying to decide for this year. options i'm considering:

--elvis: i did it two years in a row when i first got the jumpsuit, but this will be 3 years since i've done it. thought about doing it one more time then retiring the suit, at least for a long while.

--the man with no name: thought about clint eastwood's character last year but decided otherwise. fairly simple costume overall.

--the jackson 5: my wife suggested getting a group to do "the jackson 5," but it would just be other unrelated jacksons (alan jackson, andrew jackson, etc.). that will depend on finding at least 3 other willing participants, so i don't know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I'm in the pickle of wanting a 3 person group costume, but also something spooky. I struggle with being a character from something for instance unless I can be the dead version of that character. Would love anyone's ideas!

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,382 Posts
So I'm in the pickle of wanting a 3 person group costume, but also something spooky. I struggle with being a character from something for instance unless I can be the dead version of that character. Would love anyone's ideas!
are there specific things you're considering, or just those general categories?

·
Registered
194 Posts
are there specific things you're considering, or just those general categories?
I'm open to anything. My husband tends to like film/television related things. We had talked some about characters from Clue or something along those lines, but came to a bit of a standstill. I tend toward flamboyant and somewhat complex, he prefers not to have to wear much face make-up. My favorite to date was when he was Will Graham and I was Hannibal Lector as a wendigo, but this year we'd like to inclue a friend who is having some pre-halloween blues since she just came out of a relationship.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,382 Posts
i tend to think for group costumes, something funny or pop culture related is easier to come up with than something spooky.

maybe start by seeing what the three of you have in common--probably wouldn't want to do a group costume that she really likes but you guys don't have much interest in, or vice versa. when you see where your interests overlap that may help generate some ideas.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm thinking Little Red Riding Hood....as the wolf! I know I've seen things similar and she's such a classic character, that I kind of hesitate doing it. If I can make it work, it could be good, tho....Hmmmm....

·
Reaper Guardian
2,075 Posts
Well, The Deduction wants to be Zero, as in NBC. I....the way this year is going, I'll be lucky if I throw a sheet over my head with a couple eyeholes cut in it :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm thinking Little Red Riding Hood....as the wolf! I know I've seen things similar and she's such a classic character, that I kind of hesitate doing it. If I can make it work, it could be good, tho....Hmmmm....
Cool idea I think you can make it work. My buddies and I always provide live music for my parents' big Halloween party at their house. I'm thinking of keeping the beard I've been growing and letting my hair grow a little and we can be The Beatles ha ha...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I created a "Theme Generator" as a way to help kickstart unusual ideas for theming a haunt. It occurs to me it's not a half-bad costume idea generator.
Here are some that popped up:
1950s Mutants
London Werewolves Vs Vampires
1940s Hospital
Egyptian Fairy Tales
Farm/Cornfield Cannibals
1970s Statues / Golem
Swamp Dungeon
Medieval Boogeyman
Arctic Scarecrows
1970s Graveyard
1950 Myths/Legends
South American Robots / Androids
Southwest Desert Dolls
1930s Scarecrows
Farm/Cornfield Clowns
Egyptian Ghosts
Farm/Cornfield Fairy Tales

The random nature of the combinations makes for some useless ones, but on the other hand, 1930s scarecrows (or witches, which could also come up), might be interesting. Cornfield fairy tales? Hayseed Hansel and Gretel? Hick Red Riding Hood?

Anyway, that's my contribution at the moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's cool... I should tell my mom to sign up for this site lol she would love it but probably would have no idea how to navigate ha ha

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm trying to come up with our costumes for this year. We always go all out with homemade costumes.

My son wants to be a wolf, so I'm thinking of looking into maybe making a small nose prosthetic to use along with face paint and hair applied with spirit gum.

I'm vacillating between a ghost that is lit from within (lots of white gauze/tulle and white LEDs) and a Gypsy Witch (corset with big rag skirt and lots of gold chains and jewelry)

My mom usually goes TOTing with us and she is thinking Queen of Hearts.

I need ideas for my Husband and two tiny dogs who will go with us.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm trying to come up with our costumes for this year. We always go all out with homemade costumes.

My son wants to be a wolf, so I'm thinking of looking into maybe making a small nose prosthetic to use along with face paint and hair applied with spirit gum.

I'm vacillating between a ghost that is lit from within (lots of white gauze/tulle and white LEDs) and a Gypsy Witch (corset with big rag skirt and lots of gold chains and jewelry)

My mom usually goes TOTing with us and she is thinking Queen of Hearts.

I need ideas for my Husband and two tiny dogs who will go with us.
I like the gypsy witch idea... sounds cool (but I also have this hippie side to me that I try to keep under wraps lol)... could your husband rock like a mad hatter kind of deal? I feel like it could somewhat match the witch idea if you went that way and you mentioned the queen of hearts... I haven't watched Alice in Wonderland since I was a kid but that's where my mind just went for some reason...

·
Registered
46 Posts
This year I'm probably going with GhostFace again (I've worn the same outfit for at least four years). I'm half thinking about going with Pumpkinhead now that Trick or Treat Studios has released a wearable mask of the monster, but I'd need a Pumpkinhead T-shirt to go with it. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts