Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up Phyllis Hoffman's Celebrate Fall magazine at the grocery store. Candy Corn and Candy apples on the cover. I thought they did a very nice Halloween segment called "Witches' Night Out", basically a dinner party for girls. Lots of nice pictures and recipes. I like the look of the mushroom Shrunken Heads. Overall I thought the recipes looked good.

Another section had decorating with pumpkins, wreaths, etc. -- not necessary Halloween but fall themed.

Here's a pic of the cover from their website. I bought my copy at a Safeway grocery store. Celebrate Fall 2009-Hoffman Media

I hope everyone will use this thread to add to the magazines that come out with a halloween theme.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I'm hoping that you all will use this thread to scan the best decorations, recipes, etc out of those magazines to share...since I dont get any of those here! lol

MsM

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just picked up Phyllis Hoffman's Celebrate Fall magazine at the grocery store. Candy Corn and Candy apples on the cover. I thought they did a very nice Halloween segment called "Witches' Night Out", basically a dinner party for girls. Lots of nice pictures and recipes. I like the look of the mushroom Shrunken Heads. Overall I thought the recipes looked good.

Another section had decorating with pumpkins, wreaths, etc. -- not necessary Halloween but fall themed.

Here's a pic of the cover from their website. I bought my copy at a Safeway grocery store. Celebrate Fall 2009-Hoffman Media

I hope everyone will use this thread to add to the magazines that come out with a halloween theme.

What was the cost of this magazine? Do you remember? Just wondering if it's a normal priced magazine or one of those 8.00 ones. LOL

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bought the Better Homes and Gardens Tricks and Treats issue last year, and although 75% of it was drivel, there were a couple great articles with nice photos. I guess it was worth the $6 'cos I looked it over 500 times! ( Or maybe it wasn't, I could've looked at similar stuff online!)
Wish these were cheaper!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently contacted Martha Stewart Living's customer service to see if there's going to be an other Holilday Halloween magazine (like the one from 2007), they responded saying yes there is going to be one...however they stated it would hit stands November 2nd...I'm hoping they messed that part up....

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was the cost of this magazine? Do you remember? Just wondering if it's a normal priced magazine or one of those 8.00 ones. LOL

Price at the store was as posted online at their website. sorry. Costco offers magazine discounts but I don't know if this is one that they carry. If nothing else, at least I think it's one I will hold onto for years.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Ghost of Spookie I just picked that same magazine up myself at the grocery store, The cover is what caught my eye. I also loved the witches night out article, great decor, I also loved those two huge rusty old aluminum looking urns that were filled with pumpkins and fall leaves and such by the door, what a great arrangement. It was a nice surprise to see a magazine out this early with some Halloween ideas, gets me all in the mood:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hells yes!! The magazines are a-comin'! But oohhhhhh noooooooooooooooo, I hope there isn't a lot we want this year. There's supposed to be a lot of Oz advertising and such right at the same time. Crap, crap, crap!!!! Maybe I'll get lucky and get both in one issue. Schweeeeeeeeeet. If anyone happens to come across any Oz ads or articles please let me know. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts