Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I was just wondering about those funky Halloween contact lenses.

Anyone here ever tried them? I was thinking of investing in a pair but I don't wear any type of glasses or contacts or anything so I'm worried that I'll buy them and not be able to wear them.

Basically my question is, do they feel weird/uncomfortable when you have them in? Any contact wearer can answer this for me basically...also do they affect your vision?

Thanks for your time...happy haunting! :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a pair of red contact lenses that i've worn for the past 3 halloween's. They do feel odd and when i move my eyes i can see the red so it does affect your vision. I've worn contacts since i was in 6th grade and i'm 34 now so i've worn them a long long time and the special effects contacts do feel differently than normal daily wear ones. BUT the response you get from people is awesome. it can really freak people out. most of my friends couldn't even look at my red eyes. lol good luck!!

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
Macabre1 is right they do feel a bit odd at first and if you move your eyes quick or take a long blink you'll see the edge of the color.

but it isn't / shouldn't be painful or irritating and while there may be a tinted edge on your vision it won't obscure anything.

other than that basic contact lens care applies : don't wear them for too long, always use lens cleaner to wash them, don't sleep with them in (i know there are lenses you can wear while you sleep, but FX lenses are definitely not designed for that) don't share them, etc.

have fun scaring the bejeebers out of people with your lenses :) :D :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts