Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread about the Monster Cereals reminded me of probably my favorite all time Halloween Commercial. It was back from the 90's and I loved this mascot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2j6EifRWo

Btw if anyone can teach me the way to make the link more simplified that would be awesome. Ya know how people set it to where they can click a certain word.

What is your favorite commercial or piece of Halloween advertising?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh this is a great idea! I always cheer when I see the first Halloween-related commercial in the fall.

I grew up in the 90's so I used to love the McDonald's Halloween commercials. Those McNuggets were adorable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdCaxdWNH1E

Also, I remember my parents had recorded some Loony Toons Halloween episodes on an old cassette tape, and there were some Halloween commercials. Usually, I would just fast forward through commercial breaks, but not for the Halloween ones. I most remember the Hallmark commercial, especially the end with the hand and the "Spooky Sounds" tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac49HkS3GO0

Sorry, I don't know how to do the cool link thing either....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow, those McDonalds commercials take me back! I remember having the ghost bucket & one of the cassette tapes.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Saw the Burger King's Wicked HA1loween Whopper mentioned on several TV stations during the news hour yesterday. Here's a photo of it:

This is similar to the black bun burger served in Japan by Burger King last year. This one was customized to the American market using A-1 Steak Sauce baked into the bun and also used on the burger. Japanese version used squid ink and something else that they didn't feel would be as welcomed here in the States.

I think I'm going to head to Burger King to see if my local restaurant has it on the menu. I'm a fan of A-1 and like to get it on my Five Guys burgers, so am willing to try it baked into the bun. Any one eaten one yet?

OK tried it. It's really BLACK!! Like how they incorporated the A1 into the word Halloween and how they ran with the Mummy theme for the sandwich paper. For me I would have rather not had the other condiments with it, like mayo. It was just okay to me. It is funny how your mind has trained you to interpret something black that you are about to eat. I guess to me black denotes dead, fake, burnt. It doesn't taste burnt but the bun does have a slight flavor to it. Probably wouldn't have guessed A-1. I tried it. Survived...at least for now! Fun experiment in eating.

I wonder how sales of this will be across the country and what States are more "adventurous".

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't have a particular favorite. Every Halloween commercial makes me smile! But when I see the Reese's commercials start to play eerie music, I know Halloween is just around the corner!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying that Halloween Whopper. Asked a friend if she wanted to try it with me and she said "no way, that's gross". lol

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Watching NCIS (Abby in halloween costumes in her decorated lab complete with trick and treats) and saw a Denny's commercial for pumpkin pancakes for halloween. Looked yummy too! Don't recall seeing it previously.

I've also seen a Papa Murphy's Pizza halloween commercial in the past two weeks. Pretty sure that one is a repeat from last year.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I just saw this Kit Kat commercial on TV this morning. Youtube indicates it's from 2016 but I don't remember seeing it last year. Any way fun to watch!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts