Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not around a lot anymore but I'm an old member. It's been quite a few years of not much going on for halloween at my place. A series of life events made decorating and celebrating difficult to impossible . But finally I'm getting a break! We came into a bit of money through inheritance and we shall be buying a home. I've not had a house for about 8 years and it cramped my halloween style big time. I almost threw out my skeletons!! But finally things have come full circle and halloween is coming back for me ! I'm super excited and so you will be seeing me lurking about again plotting and planning ! Weeee! The props I shall buy ! And pumpkin carving galore!
Just had to share with people who would understand that for me it's all about halloween.-Amy

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ! I'm happy about the windfall and house for the usual reasons too of course but also ....halloween. Oh how I've missed really decorating. My grandson will love it!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Nothing beats having your own house. End of story. Very recently several women in this small town became very upset when they found out the 1870 yellow brick house on the corner with two balconies, two bay windows , a fancy back porch and a massive fancy front porch with a large cupola astride it's roof sold for ................$8,000.oo !!!
Of course getting only an $8,000.oo loan and paying it off is one thing, the money spent to repair everything and the labor to get it done is a much , much bigger project than only $8,000.oo!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My Wife wanted the yellow brick house but we were not the buyers. I'm a month away from 65 and I still have way too much real work to do on our Ravens Grin Inn that I have owned for 27 years.
The yellow brick house also needs a roof and someone would either need a lot of scaffolding or a boom truck to do that job.
All of the woodwork mentioned also need much repair, add to that list totally re-wired, some plumbing, furnace work, plus furnace, trim painted, then start on the interior pretty stuff.
The cupola , I was recently told, had a fire in it sometime, leaving all it's wooden surfaces scorched, maybe a lightning strike did it?
In 1961 my Dad tore down the barn that belonged to this house. The barn was at the other end of the block, across from his place. The wood from the barn built the shop/garage that I was given after Dad died, so , in fact I DO "Own" a part of that property, sort of, kind of..
That old barn was a spooky thing too, just sitting empty for all of those long years.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nothing beats having your own house. End of story. Very recently several women in this small town became very upset when they found out the 1870 yellow brick house on the corner with two balconies, two bay windows , a fancy back porch and a massive fancy front porch with a large cupola astride it's roof sold for ................$8,000.oo !!!
Of course getting only an $8,000.oo loan and paying it off is one thing, the money spent to repair everything and the labor to get it done is a much , much bigger project than only $8,000.oo!
Dang! $8k? I guess if you really were into fixing up houses that would be awesome. Not for me though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts