Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say we all collect Halloween items to some degree. But what specific Halloween items are your passion? I like to collect vintage blowmolds, Halloween Yankee candles, food magazines, and am starting to collecting vintage items as well, some of which can be very pricey. I also like Halloween LED candles, which fortunately are not. List your collections, and pictures would be cool as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more blow molds. Also, on the fireplace mantle scene, you'll see some lighted ceramics. We originally bought these at Giant, a regional food store. There were a few in the series: Mummy, Headless Horseman, Witch with crystal ball, and ghost with pumpkin head. We bought 3 and never got the witch, but years later, thanks to a website called E-bay, I finally found one, and for relatively cheap. I don't think there are any others, but I would say I collect these too. ;) These are very rare.

Attachments

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Nice collections, Paul. I have a few Halloween collections too. It is always fun to see how others display their's, so I hope we see lots of contributions to this thread.

Beistle cut-outs:

Vintage horns and lanterns:

Trolls in costume, hahaha:

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Interestingly when I thought about it, I have to say I don't collect "collections". I have built up my halloween decor/props from nothing pretty much but all are individual items. I have a few masks or props from one manufacturer but they really don't qualify under "collection".

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Those Beistles are cool. Are they all original? Some of them are worth a good dollar these days.

The Motionettes are great. We have 3 right now.
Thank you, Paul. Most of the Beistles I have are original, but I do have some reproductions. Reproductions are great for taping in the windows and not worrying about them.

I love the motionettes. Not all of mine actually work - I found them at yard sales.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
A couple blowmolds...haha, Hilda. Don't you also have a group of the older tabletop blowmolds? I think I remember them displayed in a window from inside the house??

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I collect skulls and now a collector of avon red glass which will play out so cool when I do a vampire theme :)
[/IMG]
I found a bunch of the avon red glass a couple of years ago at a garage sale...I kind of feel bad because it was just put into the pirate treasure chest. We will continue to incorporate it into our scenes (last year it was used at the cantina in our star wars display) but knowing I'm keeping it from the hands of those that collect it makes me feel (somewhat) bad lol

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Ohhhhh the red glass is so beautiful!

Yes PIB. You have a good memory! I do have some of the tabletop blowmolds. I really do love them. I put them in my front window for a few years, but am afraid of fading if I keep doing that, so I have to figure out a new way to display them.

Front Door (18).jpg Front Door (17).jpg

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
I found a bunch of the avon red glass a couple of years ago at a garage sale...I kind of feel bad because it was just put into the pirate treasure chest. We will continue to incorporate it into our scenes (last year it was used at the cantina in our star wars display) but knowing I'm keeping it from the hands of those that collect it makes me feel (somewhat) bad lol
LOL I keep hoping to hit a gsale with them marked a great price. I was very blessed cause betheny found some and let me know so she got them for me and is shipping them to me :)
lol don't feel bad I will have to post pics of my red glass :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a few little halloween collections: some blowmolds, some boney bunch, and all the nightmare before christmas hallmark ornaments. I also collect black amethyst glass and uranium glass that I use around halloween. I love, LOVE collecting things, so I try to be really selective about what I collect, for the sake of space and moving, haha. I think my next big collection fixation will be some of the fiesta halloween series, as my boyfriend's sister and I are planning a trip to the Fiesta outlet/factory!

If anyone follows octoberfarm.blogspot.com, she has some great collections of halloween/witch memorabilia in her archives that are amazing!

Hilda - that window display is wonderful!! very spooky and cozy:)

·
Registered
706 Posts
We have quite a bit of Halloween stuff. A bunch of the porcelain ceramic houses, plasticky party goods from my elementary school parties and costumes (including a couple of candy buckets), some goodies from when my Dad was a kid (50's), and even some things like invitations and napkin from the town Halloween party from the 1930s via my Grandmother's keepsakes book.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts