Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was driving by yesterday and thought I'd stop in, and wow, am I disappointed. I don't know if it's just this location or if the whole company has gone down the tubes, but it was almost all costumes, virtually no props, a couple of cheap inflatables and nothing worth looking at. It was just pathetic inside.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know a lot of locations are still opening up though.

For anyone who goes to one, they are getting a wide selection of Funko Pops of the horror nature, and some of very limited/rare/only come around this time of year...if anyone happens to go to one or is planning on it maybe you could PM me and we could work out a deal?? I would love to grab some of them but always seem to miss out on them in my area every halloween! I would really really appreciate any help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a fully stocked halloween city locally .Made sure and grabbed a pennywise before they sold out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was SO DISAPPOINTED!!! Its brightly lit and full of pre-packaged costumes...junk!!! No props at all on display. What a let down???

·
Registered
499 Posts
Some of you are lucky. There is only one Halloween City open in all of Massachusetts which is too far away to be bothered going to so right now I don't even get the chance to be bitterly disappointed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
me and my wife found one by accident last week LOL. they had the pennywise set up along with the slender man, the rising body under the sheet and a few other animatronics that were pretty cool. the costume selection was alright but the woman said that they were still getting stuff in

·
Registered
580 Posts
They had a Pennywise and Slenderman, neither of them plugged in, Pennywise wasn't even completely put together. From what I could see, there weren't even any extras, if you bought one, you had to get the display, unless they had some more in the back. It isn't like this store just opened either, it's been going since August and still looks terrible. They've been open longer than Spirit has and Spirit has better stuff!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The one here has been open awhile and already looks like the season is over and theyre getting ready to pack it up. Pennywise was cool but the Slenderman wsas cheesey. Nothing couldnt live without.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oh, and for whoever was asking about Bluckies a while back, Halloween City has tons of them. They're just absurdly expensive for what you get, but they had at least a dozen when I was there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Like many in this thread I was so disappointed in our local Halloween City. 95% costumes, a couple racks of small decorations, but no life size props or anything impressive. It doesn't help that they literally opened it one store away from a Spirit store in the same shopping center. I'm not that impressed by Spirit's offering this year but it sure blows Halloween City away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely disappointing. The Halloween City location is totally new for us, so it was exciting to see a new Halloween store in town. And it went into the site of a recently closed Toys R Us, so it's a huge store. It's mainly costumes and the few props/decorations they had didn't look great. They're also not utilizing a good portion of the store so it's just a lot of big open empty space. I was expecting something on par with Spirit Halloween - regardless of whether or not I like Spirit's offerings on any given year, it's always just fun to go to. They do a great job setting up their displays and it's undeniably jam-packed with Halloween.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Some of you are lucky. There is only one Halloween City open in all of Massachusetts which is too far away to be bothered going to so right now I don't even get the chance to be bitterly disappointed.
The Halloween City that is actually near me finally opened. :) I think this used to be a Toys R US. Pretty much bare shelves like they didn't bother actually unpacking all the inventory before opening. (assuming there is more inventory to be unpacked that is.) There was so few items out that they could have probably rented a store 1/3 of the size and it still would have looked bare bones. :confused: There were costumes which I didn't bother too look at. No props except for the a michael myers and what I think was a Exorcist Regan prop. I didn't bother taking a close look at them. :( Overall a complete waste of time and gas. :mad: I asked the cashier on the way out if my buddy and I could be reimbursed for the gas we wasted driving here. She laughed and said unfortunately not. At least she had a sense of humor and quite frankly her actually having a sense of humor was the most memorable thing from the whole store. A complete and total waste of time. I don't know why these stores bother opening if they haven't even bothered to put out stock because it just sucked the life out of me and I just can't be bothered to go back in a few weeks and see if they got around to it. :mad::mad::mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts