Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing the web the other day, trying to find a way to festively tie my chocolate fountain into Halloween. I came across an idea of coloring your fountain(s) with orange and black colorings. Does anyone know if this would actually work and still taste good?

Also, does anyone have any other fun chocolate ideas that can be used for Halloween parties?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually colored white chocolate in my fountain orange last year and it was a HUGE hit. I'd definitely recommend doing it. It tasted really good too. I think this year I'm going to add pumkin flavoring to the orange chocolate. (I made pumpkin truffles at my party last year that were also very popular and I have some of the flavoring left over so I'll make those again and do the orange pumpkin fountain).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get your chocolate and coloring supplies? Keep in mind that I'm not willing to sacrifice apprearance for quality.

thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't worry, I'm a TOTAL chocolate snob and won't eat anything that isn't the highest quality. (My friends make fun of me because I'm such a chocoholic but I won't eat most chocolate because I can taste the fillers/wax/etc). I get all of my chocolate (for fountains and candy making) from a small company called Chocoley. For fountains you want to use a product called "Just Melt It!" -- it's formulated for fountains. You just zap it in the microwave (follow their directions) and pour it in the ftn. It's so easy. (Make sure you get white chocolate if you're using the coloring). They also sell all of the coloring and the flavoring for fountains. I also highly recommend them if you're making any candy for the holidays. They've got compound chocolate (easy to use) that tastes like high end couverture stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Somebody else has already recommended their chocolate to me, (must be good!) but I didn't know they had coloring supplies too.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a chocolate fountain but I am going to use Caramel for my Halloween party. Nothing like a caramel apple fountain in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pregreen - Be careful that you definitely thin it out enough :). THat sounds really good though. I was thinking of pre-making caramel apples and using them as a dipping item in my fountain. Sounds less messy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
With this post on chocolate fountains I've been thinking all day about using mine at my party. Does anybody have any good Halloween specific dipping item ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Princess--the same company that I get the chocolate from has these cream centers that come in tubs that you can roll into a ball and dip in chocolate. They are really yummy. It makes making "truffles" a lot easier. If you like orange flavored stuff, they have an orange one (good with dark chocolate). Could be really fun for halloween since the color is orange too. Or I was thinking about coloring my white chocolate orange and dipping the chocolate cream center in it. It makes it really easy to make really gourmet tasting chocolate. (And a heck of a lot cheaper than buying something like that at the candy store).

·
Registered
16 Posts
SouthernBelle- My fountain is Sephra too. I definitely do like their fountain and from what I've read they are the best on the market. But I didn't really like their chocolate very much -- it was the first I tried when I got my fountain (I think they're really good at the equipment side... not as good at the ingredients thing since they're more a manufacturer of equipment than a chocolate company). Then I went seeking something else and was so happy when I found Chocoley (Of course, I'm a total chocolate snob and am VERY picky about good chcocolate). Their fountain chocolate website is Chocolate For Fountains - Just Melt It! - No Oil Needed - Incredible! Luscious Taste & Aroma . Phone number is 866-528-5252. (Guess I probably should have given that info before). Got to say, I also really like that their people are sooooo nice and helpful and I really like supporting a small family business. It makes me loyal :)

On a side note with Sephra fountains, you can also find them on Target.com. When I got mine it was a lot cheaper there.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Chocoholic - I've gotten a lot of great ideas on the whole chocolate fountain thing from members on this forum (thanks Muffy!), but as far as dipping ideas go, this is what I plan on using this year: bananas, apples, pretzels, marshmellows, pound cake, angel food cake and whatever else I can think of.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Chocoholic - I've gotten a lot of great ideas on the whole chocolate fountain thing from members on this forum (thanks Muffy!), but as far as dipping ideas go, this is what I plan on using this year: bananas, apples, pretzels, marshmellows, pound cake, angel food cake and whatever else I can think of.
Pecan logs sliced thinly and then dipped in the chocolate. Now THAT rocks!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chocoholic--I ordered Chocoley's fountain chocolate the day you suggested it and just recieved my order this morning and OH MY GOODNESS! Their chocolate is delicious! Thank you so much for your recommendation. I didn't order a lot of chocolate because I wanted to make sure I liked it before feeding it to my Halloween party guests. The chocolate definitely exceeded my expectations! I want to thank you for your help and am actually going back to Chocoley's website to place another order: five pounds of dark and five pounds of white, along with the orange coloring to make the white chocolate fountain festive! Thanks again! :)

P.S. Do you know anything about their caramel? I am thinking of making some caramel apples and would like to purchase from them if it's anything near as good as their chocolate. Please let me know! Thanks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts