Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a really cool chandelier off Craigslist last night! I've always wanted a "haunted" looking chandelier to put over my dining room table and I think this fits the bill. It is a 12 candle chandelier made out of iron/steel.

I’m planning on putting some type of flicker candles in it (so I don’t burn my house down) but I wanted to ask you guys for design help since everyone here has so many great ideas!!! I have googled various “halloween chandeliers” and have seen people add skulls/bones to them but since it is a 12 candle chandelier I wonder if it should be kept somewhat simple because of all the candles (I could be wrong, I’m still new to the whole Halloween prop world) =)

Any input would be GREAT! Thanks guys!!!

Pics are in my album since this is my first post (I can't post pictures yet ) =(

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frankie's Girl for that link, those chandelier's are AMAZING! :)

After viewing those I'm getting some ideas of what to do with it!

Thanks again!!!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Without seeing what kind of ornamentation is already on the chandelier, it's tricky to suggest more accutraments.

Sometimes all a good chandelier needs is some cobwebs and spiders. If you're putting in your own flicker candles, you can make them appear to have very drippy wax. (There are several tutorials)

Just an alternative -- if skulls aren't your think for a dining room.

You could also throw in a hanging bat or two.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Winnie, if you have a web shooter just coat that thing. We had a couple antique light sources last Halloween that I just blasted with the glue gun and they looked really nice. Depending on whether the metal has a nice patina already or not, I've used coffee ground and orange paint for a rusted effect before. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the great ideas! =) Can't wait to start working on this when I get home from my day job tonight! I will keep you updated with what I do!!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts