Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading Shadowbats ltd-commodities thread and it got me excited thinking about all of the new catalogs that will be coming out soon. I thought if we had a thread listing our favorite catalogs we could all make sure we were signed up to get them. Here are a few of my favs. What are yours?

Grandin Road
Yankee Candle
Country Door
Victorian Trading Co
Oriental Trading

·
Registered
902 Posts
for me it would be grandinroad,fright catalog, spirits, and victorian trading

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,979 Posts
Improvements is a good one too.

Here's what they've got so far on their site:
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/seasonal-and-gifts/halloween-decorations/#w=&af=cat2:holiday_halloweendecorations cat1:holiday pagetype:products

As much as I love the paper catalogs you really do have to check out all of the places online because they'll have coupons, discounts, codes, internet only specials, etc. online & more stuff than the paper catalogs.

Tis the way of the world now. I have one office supply company at work that doesn't do paper catalogs anymore. They'll do a few special flyers & smaller sale catalogs, but they've stopped making their big, full catalog.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has any extra grandinroad Halloween issues from seasons past you don't want. I am dying to see what they have offered over the years. Please pm me if you do :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
There's always Design Toscano. They have some Halloween stuff available along with a large year-round selection of Gothic, dragon, gargoyle, medieval, and Egyptian items. I've bought several things from them in the past, and always been very happy with them. They also have great customer service if you ever have an issue with anything. I received a broken lamp once, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Call me old, but there's nothing like flipping through a full color paper catalog. You never know what's going to be on the next page until you turn it.

By the way, be careful with your Halloween FX catalogs. The pages are falling out of mine. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
OMG..I have just spent the last 30mins signing up for catalogs!! I never got catalogs...my mom had a halloween oriental trading the other day and I about had a fit ...lol...i hijacked that...but now I feel like a Halloween virgin lol...thanks for the names....mine are coming soon!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
OMG..I have just spent the last 30mins signing up for catalogs!! I never got catalogs...my mom had a halloween oriental trading the other day and I about had a fit ...lol...i hijacked that...but now I feel like a Halloween virgin lol...thanks for the names....mine are coming soon!!!
Hi! Did you just do a search on the interwebs or did you find a list here? Could you tell me the ones you signed up for?

·
Registered
383 Posts
By the way, be careful with your Halloween FX catalogs. The pages are falling out of mine. :(
Mine, too. But I love the catalog. I'm pretty mechanically uninclined, so when a merchant lists a particular motor with no other info, I'm lost. But HalloweenFX explains everything nicely about each motor or prop setup so I can get a better idea of how to give my props movement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just searched these...and signed up ;)

Grandin Road
Yankee Candle
Country Door
Victorian Trading Co
Oriental Trading
spirit

·
Registered
573 Posts
I signed up for the Grandin Road catalog and got it today, my mom got home before I did and went through it before I even knew it was here lol. We both have things we want to order from it though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have to say, even though I receive the Oriental Trading Co. catalog, their usual Halloween line is often cheap and geared for kids. However, this year they seem to have a new and, might I add, interesting line of Halloween merchandise, some of it I have seen carried by other companies. For example, here is the 2011 Grandin Road Venetian Victoria:
VenetianGrandin.jpg
And here is the Standing Ghost Girl from Oriental Trading 2015 catalog:
VenetianOrientalTrading.jpg

And while we are discussing Oriental Trading, has anyone tried their 9 ft by 6 ft backdrops? I am always looking for ways to cover the walls, and these intrigue me. However, knowing Oriental Trading's varying quality... Hell, they are only $17, worth a try.

Oh, final thought. Perhaps Oriental Trading has upped their Halloween game since they were acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2012...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
OT has had some props as high as $500 for at least the last couple of years. They are just a reseller though; shop around because you will probably find the same thing for less somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts