Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I had posted about this previously in a paper thread, but does anyone have any suggestions or pointers on making Halloween cards?

I would like to make and send out custom cards this year and not store bought ones. Any and all suggestions/comments would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Customized Cards

It's really easy to create your own cards as long as you have a software program for this. Buy some card stock/stationary from your local office supply (Staples?) - get plain if you want to design your own border, etc. Download a picture for the front, create your greeting for the inside and print. Viola'! I made really great invitations for my parent's 50th anniversary this way. If you don't have a program you can download one for free on the web or check out Hallmark HallmarkSoftware.com. Good Luck and most of all Have Fun!!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
wow, cute cards you guys. i've never made my own cards, but some of those examples are pretty eyecatching. just may have to get in tune with this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just start doing whatever comes to mind, and prepare yourself to waste alot of materials before you get what you want. I find that a theme is the best place to start. Monsters, vintage, Witches, Ghosts, Skeletons, Graveyards, or one of my fav's.....Serial Killers. Do searches, and download graphics (there are free graphics out there) If you don't have the software, you can cut them out and glue stick them on the cards the old fashioned way. Last year my theme was Monsters, and I made cards and put several in each family's invites (different monsters) Told them to each choose a monster card, and bring it with them. The ones that picked Mr Hyde won a prize. Just have fun, and don't sweat it.
Cindy

·
Registered
329 Posts
There are so many things you can do with cards - the only limit is your imagination really :D
Last year I found pictures of old vintage Halloween postcards and printed those in black and white, then stuck them onto orange card with black frames, a little higher than the centre of the card. I then typed various Halloween greetings into MS Word and printed them, then cut them out and stuck them onto small black frames and used some of those little adhesive foam pads to stick them onto the card, to give a 3d effect.

You could use stamps or get a foam die cutter for quick production of toppers, or you can buy some beautiful card toppers from eBay - Jolee's is a good range, or Joanne Fabrics is it? And I think Michaels sell them too. Over here we have Hobbycraft, which I picked up a great little ghost paper puncher - they're great for cutting little shapes out of borders and also you have the little cut out pieces to use again as decorations for other cards :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I like to get a lot of different ribbon, scrapbook stickers, and letters etc and use those to customize the cards I make it is a lot of fun and you get to play with what you're making. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
card creating programs?

I saw the Hallmark program listed, are there any other recommendations? I am new at the card making scene. I would like to create my own vintage cards using clip art.

Any input would be appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts