Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling like you're living in an Iron Maiden? Moldy and stiff as a Mummy? Creaky joints of a Skeleton? Foggy brain of Frankenstein's Monster?

JOIN in the 2020 Halloween card exchange! Let's give the USPS a reason to live.

Fire up your creative juices. It's fun - easy - and a great way to enjoy a little Halloween normal fun while keeping a social distance.

Here is how it works:

Post in this thread if you wish to exchange Halloween greetings with other Halloween Forum members. Indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of greeting you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all! - SOOOO TRUE

Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange greetings and have fun!

In the hopes of getting our greetings out by Halloween I'll say a mailing deadline of Oct 23 for US, sending even earlier for overseas. This will give us plenty of time to shake out the cobwebs, pat ourselves back into some kind of human shape, get our dead butts off the couch and STOP binge watching Shudder TV and become a little creative again. Also gives the USPS extra time to get our mail to us.

Ready... Set.... Create .. - ! Buwaa ha haaaa!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Edit: All spots filled! Thanks to folks who messaged me. I would do more but I plant to move during this time and don't wanna overload myself. So excited to work on these!

I'm in! I'll do 10 USA only and 2 anywhere.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yay, I would love to participate! I just unearthed my box of Halloween cards and card making supplies. I can probably send about 20. Is there a "starting" date?

1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay, I would love to participate! I just unearthed my box of Halloween cards and card making supplies. I can probably send about 20. Is there a "starting" date?
No real start date. Right now we're in the collecting the addresses of those who want to exchange. Then around Mid Oct we start sending our cards to those who are on our list to exchange with.

Not everyone will exchange with everyone. Some people have limits to how many they will send or can't send out of the country. Once you have reached your limit it's a good idea to post to the list that you have reached your limit so people stop asking if you want to exchange. Last request is if you are able to post pictures of the cards you have received everyone can enjoy them too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No real start date. Right now we're in the collecting the addresses of those who want to exchange. Then around Mid Oct we start sending our cards to those who are on our list to exchange with.

Not everyone will exchange with everyone. Some people have limits to how many they will send or can't send out of the country. Once you have reached your limit it's a good idea to post to the list that you have reached your limit so people stop asking if you want to exchange. Last request is if you are able to post pictures of the cards you have received everyone can enjoy them too.
People will start sending cards at all different times. I've received some at the end of September and all the way through until Halloween Day.

1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes cards arrive all over the map so to speak. With the pandemic it's been even worse. I exchange with someone in France her Walpurgis card arrived about July 4th in time for the Red, White and Dead exchange. With mail so up in the air right now, mail early-ish and hope for the best. If something comes up and you can't mail or have to mail late post a note letting us know... Life happens.

Another issue I ran into for the Red White & Dead exchange my "swag" made my card NOT "feel" like only paper was in the envelope. It was clearly withing the width limits but it just didn't "feel" right. They wanted to change PACKAGE rates. Alas no one got the little ghosts I crocheted for them. So at least my PO is coming down HARD on the size and "feel" of cards and charging the max that they can. As much as I care about all my Halloween friends sorry $4+ a card to mail wasn't happening.

·
Registered
907 Posts
spooky greetings on the way
here and afar
no limit

Reactions: Homer Rocks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, I have ha
I’m in. Never done this before. I usually send cards out to some artist friends, but this sounds more interesting, especially getting some from fellow Halloween nerds 🤓🎃

I usually doodle something creepy on a blank card, friends anticipate my card each year. Some display their collection of my cards from years past, to my horror.

Let me know how this works?
The way this works is you post how many you would like to send and where you are willing to send (US only or anywhere). Then you just private message whoever you want to exchange with and exchange addresses. Then if you met your limit post that you have met your limit so that people won't continue to reach out to you asking to exchange. Then sometime around October you mail you cards 🎃

1 - 20 of 220 Posts