Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Okay so this is a long shot, but it's worth a try. Nothing to lose.

As you may or may not know, as much as the UK is getting better every year, it's no where near as good as the States when it comes to Halloween.

The main problem is Halloween Candy. They simply don't do any. Nothing makes Halloween more than fun-sized orange Kit-Kats, Fall colored M&M's, and Reese's Peanut Butter cups and all the rest of it decorated with Halloween pictures on the bags.

Sadly this year i can't afford to be in the States this time of year, and can't bring back my usual treats to enjoy with my friends here.

So i'm seeking a lifeline. I'm willing to pay $20-$30 inc shipping if some kind soul thinks they could help me out with a few treats.

I know it's a lot to ask so if not i won't be offended, but it'd sure make my Halloween :)

·
crossfit zombie
7,452 Posts
I just sent some to a fellow haunter...shipping is not cheap.The box i wanted to send which had a variety of small and a couple of large came in at 70.00 shipping.I had to just open up the big bags and give a variety of candy to get it down to 30.00 ship.Now mind you all the candy I had was just 20.00...and I couldn't ship it all.I feel for you guys...those kitkats are my fav.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My local Meijer store has these. http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Filled-Liquid-Strawberry-Candy/dp/B005PGFEWS

I got some for my kiddos and they enjoyed them. I don't remember how much they were, but less than the amazon price I'm sure. If you would like some, PM me and I'll try for ya. (I only say "try" as I don't know if they have sold out yet and Meijer was the only place I saw them!)

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Have you looked in your local Boots Pharmacy for Halloween candy/mdse? Walgreens Drug Stores (Big chain in the US) bought them last summer. It may have been too late for this year, but I can't see them not having some positive effect towards bringing a better Halloween shopping experience to the UK.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kids like chocolate! Number one favourite with kids. Caramels are good (Kraft is the best), chips (crisps) are good.

Suckers, hard candy, those horrible candies with the orange and black wrapper all get thrown away. Gum is ok.

So many of the " Halloween candy" are just awful and the kids will eat one or two, then it will sit in their bags for weeks until they are pitched.

Chocolate is best! I happen to be partial to the mini mars bars ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts