Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Kinda grossed out when I saw the picture of the Twinkies. That center reminds me of ham salad; not pumpkin spice & thought "what would that taste like?". ha ha ha.
I like some of the pumpkin spice stuff if it is very mild but many things are just too overpowering.
lol yeah I can't vouch for these. I didn't buy them , just took the pic but I agree they don't look appetizing.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
I want to find those Halloween Circus Animal cookies, yet.
Found some VooDew...just love that flavor, even if I don't care much for regular Mt. Dew. We have, also, been collecting up all my fave and the new candies.
Has anyone seen the Hersheys Caramel Apple chocolates or the Caramel Apple Milky Way?? I can't find them.

Love seeing all if the older candies and vintage/retro pictures! I used to love those wax liquid filled things. I never saw Halloween ones, though!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I want to find those Halloween Circus Animal cookies, yet.
Found some VooDew...just love that flavor, even if I don't care much for regular Mt. Dew. We have, also, been collecting up all my fave and the new candies.
Has anyone seen the Hersheys Caramel Apple chocolates or the Caramel Apple Milky Way?? I can't find them.
View attachment 737249

Love seeing all if the older candies and vintage/retro pictures! I used to love those wax liquid filled things. I never saw Halloween ones, though!!!
Thats such a nice looking haul !! I love the Vampire Kisses, my favorite thing so far this year. The Voodew is good too. I like it much better than last years. Animal cookies are at Target.
Noooo , I haven't seen any of the Hershey caramel apples chocolates, they are also one of my favs but I haven't seen them anywhere.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I'm looking for the Hershey caramel apples...was hoping they'd be with the fall-decorated Kisses and Kit Kats. They're so good and I usually enjoy them all fall, until after Thanksgiving! The circus animals are good.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm pretty sure the VooDew is a new flavor. Its called VooDew 2 this year so that sounds like it's supposed to be different. My guess is candy apple but not sure, my daughter said caramel apple.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
I'm pretty sure the VooDew is a new flavor. Its called VooDew 2 this year so that sounds like it's supposed to be different. My guess is candy apple but not sure, my daughter said caramel apple.
Hey! It does have a different picture than last year! I didn't realize it until you said something, but the guy on the front is holding up two skeletal fingers, I'm guessing to mean "2".
I guess I can't fully remember what last year's tasted like...I thought some kind of white candy, like a white DumDum or Lifesaver or such, even though they said it was candy corn...it still tastes like some kind of candy or candied treat, so maybe that's why we thought it was the same. Now I'm going to have to keep trying to figure out the slight taste difference and what it is, lol.
I just read that they said the label, last year, gave away the flavor, as it was mostly orange and white...this year, there is mostly red and green, so you could be right and it could be candied apple, which would give me the candy taste we still taste in it. Huh. Whaddaya know? Lol. I still like it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don’t know if anyone’s on the West coast, or has a See’s Candies near them, but they’re big in California.

They started putting out their Halloween treats. Haven’t seen any candy dish yet, hopefully they make another one this year.

Had to buy a few JOL tin lollipop covers 🎃🤓
DEC86F68-6A78-4C91-85E1-58DE03817268.jpeg
C8E903AB-3575-4779-824B-AD845A24F7CF.jpeg
632B43F9-8DAA-4D54-959E-8579F6887153.jpeg
5BEA6916-FFA5-4932-B527-15E08E14CD81.jpeg
F6F47782-AD5A-41DF-B987-480C935AD2D4.jpeg
682254C7-D8E8-4DC4-B0DB-31918F22A323.jpeg

027C06F2-8EA3-4FF7-95C8-FB144D23B46D.jpeg
6E90F99D-46AB-435C-98CC-12274A3DCFE2.jpeg

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
I don’t know if anyone’s on the West coast, or has a See’s Candies near them, but they’re big in California.

They started putting out their Halloween treats. Haven’t seen any candy dish yet, hopefully they make another one this year.

Had to buy a few JOL tin lollipop covers 🎃🤓
View attachment 737554 View attachment 737551 View attachment 737552 View attachment 737553 View attachment 737555 View attachment 737556
View attachment 737558 View attachment 737557
Love all of that! I've never seen those, before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
BromBonez
Those are little tin covers on the JOL lollipops?? I love those, the styling and coloring is perfect, And the candy dish from last year as well.

I am getting excited looking through all of the trick-or-treat single-serve type snacks offered. I browsed Target's offering online and am tempted to just do a big order pick up (or drive up) Since getting into the store has been difficult lately and I'm avoiding it just a bit if I can. The Target near me showed that they had things in stock like individual trick or treat pretzels, granola bars, gummies etc. I may do a combo of those things with the traditional reeses, candy bars, blow pops and little fillers like cheapie candies and glow bracelets.
We have such a wide range of numbers of TOTs, it can be only 5 or more like 60+ and im sure this year will be a smaller number so I think we may just set out a fun festive table with treat bags. I see so many goodies I want to put into them that Im almost contemplating using the brown paper lunch bags to hold it all.
All of this to ask a question Do many find that they wished that they offered or are specifically asked for the allergen free treats? I dont know if i should make a few special bags.

Quaker-Halloween-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Minis.jpg

P2NVAL67UZFC2SSEZQ4BUTGJ24.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love all of that! I've never seen those, before.

See’s Candies is a tradition. It’s one of the oldest candy shops in the USA still in operation.

Obviously Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines are their big dates. It isn’t Halloween without a visit to See’s.

Little trivia: all those chocolates that you saw in that I love Lucy episode where she is struggling with the chocolate conveyor belt, all from See’s. It was Lucy’s favorite chocolates, and one of the original shops , that’s still there, was just a few blocks from the studio where they filmed the show.

241B36B3-EAF0-4EE5-BCDB-2D814975F131.jpeg
E816279A-077E-4BFC-BD13-FF6D7D64C211.jpeg
D73ECB7C-D101-409E-802C-80412497C5E9.jpeg
35F99826-CF59-4931-B738-B9F530EFCAE7.jpeg
40B6CA45-7DEE-4ABC-A2ED-388E9ABE88AF.jpeg
0B9F781B-8507-478F-9BE2-CF4C010F4B90.jpeg

540A9D78-28AE-4ED7-BA17-67723E34EB09.jpeg

Here’s a link to their online Halloween shop that just went up yesterday.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,064 Posts
See’s Candies is a tradition. It’s one of the oldest candy shops in the USA still in operation.

Obviously Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines are their big dates. It isn’t Halloween without a visit to See’s.

Little trivia: all those chocolates that you saw in that I love Lucy episode where she is struggling with the chocolate conveyor belt, all from See’s. It was Lucy’s favorite chocolates, and one of the original shops , that’s still there, was just a few blocks from the studio where they filmed the show.

View attachment 737613 View attachment 737609 View attachment 737611 View attachment 737614 View attachment 737612 View attachment 737610
View attachment 737608

I've heard of See's, I just don't see all of that stuff in our area. Cool fact about the I Love Lucy episode, though, lol. That's a funny episode.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Was watching a CBS channel in our area and saw new commercial for Kit Kat. You see the 4-stick Kit Kat and the the two intermost ones open up like a door, actually a coffin lid I guess and the vampire guy is in there, forgot exactly what he says but something about waking up. Loved it was new, at least I hadn’t seen it.

Then a few minutes later there was a Reese’s cup commercial. The out of wrapper cups were stacked in two separate piles, one on top of the other and electricity was being generated a la Frankenstein monster experiment. Don’t think I’ve seen that before either.

No idea what if any candy we are buying this year as still unclear if kids will be ToTing. Hard to believe it’s mid-Sept already.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I am in love with the Jack o lantern tin pops BromBonez !! I would love several of those just to display. But of course i don't have a See's near me. boooo

·
Registered
71 Posts
I LOVE See's chocolates, thanks for bringing them up, last I had them was around V-day right before the pandemic. I think it's gonna be trick-or-treat-yoself in our household!! ⛈ 🎃

121 - 140 of 148 Posts