Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Some more vintage candy ads that are a real treat. Threw in some other Halloween goodies that are too fun to pass up.
View attachment 736935

The paper masks found in them are still some of the best ephemera. Think about it: A hot dog, dressed as a witch, made annual Halloween party books for 4-5 years in a row(???) It’s a little gross and kind of awesome. 🤢 🥳
This is great, fantastic bunch of old ads. The Chuckles one is making me nostalgic af, that was the same candy (the ones in the 5-piece strips) my mom used to get for me at the drive-in theatre when I was very young. I liked them all but the black licorice one and it was the only one I didn't much care for - weird enough because today it's one of my faves.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Eeewww I hated Chuckles but Dad loved them.

Walmart had a box of 14 full sized Reeses FrankenCups for $12 & change.

I like 3 Muskateers & liked when Target carried Muskafears year before last. Didn't see them last year. Nugat didn't really look red to me but at least it was something with Halloween flair. Saw lots of Glow In The Dark stuff at Walgreens...Snickers, M&M's, etc.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Just out on the AP. No more Halloween Ghost, Bat, Monster or Pumpkin Peeps this year, none of any kind (or christmas or valentines day for that matter). Read it and weep mashmellow fans. :cry:

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Another news story on it. Loved the purple cats...:love:😫 From this news story it sounds like they stopped production in May so if you find anything on the shelf consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just saw that on the news myself. They are cute but I'm not crying. I've been really craving some good ole fresh carmel corn lately. Not worth driving an hour away to get it (yet anyway). ha ha

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I also found the Hocus Pocus cookies at Walmart on Friday. Like someone said on here they aren't the greatest. We can eat them, they aren't terrible but if not for the HP package, wouldn't buy them again. The oat part makes them very dry and the flavor is sort of flat.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

If anyone likes gummies or has kids/grands that like them , these are some of the best I've had. I get them every year. This is the smaller bag 12oz , is 3.99, there is a larger bag , I can't remember how much it is but the larger bags have some gummies that are covered in sugar....I love these, the sugar makes them extra yummy. Forget about the unhealthy bit lol
Can be found at TJM, Homegood, Marshalls

·
Registered
383 Posts
No peeps? Eh no great loss there...not a fan of them.

I still need to get my butt to Target and Walgreens to grab the last bits of candy I need. Well that and other snacks like the Monster Cereals and such. Going out tomorrow (I hope) to get a new phone (mines old and not working right!) so maybe I can swing by Walgreens if not Target. All my money is going towards the food this year...nothings really popped out to me for decor...which is fine I guess. No room anyways!

·
Registered
548 Posts
OOOHH I also bought those turkey dinner candy corn, not that anyone else would buy these but if you are thinking about it just for kicks....don't ....run....run very far. YUCK! I threw them away.
I was curious! :)

101 - 120 of 148 Posts