Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to start enjoying what’s in stores in the way of halloween candy for this year...where there will be neighborhood ToTing or just family decorating and enjoying the season.

Saw these Hershey treats mentioned in my Apple News “Food Network” news story but was unable to locate it on FN’s website. Basically it said new items were already being shipped to stores so some places may already have them in stock. Here’s what was featured from Hershey:

The Witches Brew Kit Kats were described as having a green marshmallow exterior BTW. The Vampire Kisses have a strawberry cream filling. The Fangs have a molded look like teeth and fangs.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yum! Those look like fun. I'm not sure we're going to have TOT this year. I have toys and treat bags ready and will add some full sized candy bars and chip bags from Costco if/when they go on sale.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I love the idea of the strawberry filled Kisses - but I have a feeling the flavor factor may not make it an annual fave. Looking forward to trying it nonetheless.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Okay these are so cool! I’m planning on filling witches hands with candy and figuring out a safe way to get them out in my building, and these are so perfect!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow, I love these! Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
When does everyone starting buying candy for the big night? I Always wait till the last week or so, I do not advise this haha.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
When does everyone starting buying candy for the big night?
Ordinarily, I'd hit the Easter/Valentines clearance shelves at Wally World for non-holiday packaged long-lived candy like gummies, Nerds, Skittles, Dum-dum lollipops, etc and store them in a cool dry place. Those candies go into the treat bags along with small toys.

Then I'll wait for Costco or Sam's Club to put their 30 bar boxes of full-sized candy bars on sale for around $12-14 and add a box of assorted Wise chips. I buy the regular version - not the Halloween chips since the holiday packaged ones have half the product for the same price as regular.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When does everyone starting buying candy for the big night? I Always wait till the last week or so, I do not advise this haha.
I usually buy the candy around the 2nd week of October and put together the goodie bags the weekend before Halloween, depending on what day Halloween falls on. So with it being a Saturday this year, I'll prepare the goodie bags the weekend of the 24th/25th.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've been to Wal-Mart, Target, Safeway and Fred Meyer...and no one has any food/candy except those ready to bake ghost and pumpkin cookies (which was at Target). idk how other people are finding stuff...my stores always seem so slow!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've been to Wal-Mart, Target, Safeway and Fred Meyer...and no one has any food/candy except those ready to bake ghost and pumpkin cookies (which was at Target). idk how other people are finding stuff...my stores always seem so slow!
I haven't found anything except the Franken cups, which of course just taste like regular Reeses but was still fun to find. I want those hocus pocus cookies and the witchs brew kit kat. I'm still on the hunt

1 - 20 of 150 Posts