Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sam's Club has an aisle of Halloween candy out now: different bags of minis, boxes of Reeses pumpkins, plastic desk jars of Halloween M&Ms and mini Reeses, that giant tub of bat- and pumpkin-shaped mini pretzels in little packs - I brought that one home to keep by my desk for spooky-snack portion control.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
i'm torn on how much candy to buy this year. i spent $700 last year and only about 100 kids showed. I was told to expect 1000ish. And with new surges in covid....i dunno if we'll have that many kids this year either.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm waiting for Halloween Oreo's (I know they're the same as regular, just a different color, but these are the only ones I buy, LOL), and peanut butter pumpkins!
Oh they're not the same as regular lol. Whenever they have special "dyed" Oreos...the creme tastes different. It also has a smoother texture. It can be the Halloween ones, the American ones (not the ones with pop rocks), or the Christmas ones...as long as it's the same Oreo, just dyed creme.

Kind of like how the holiday Reese's are better, or the Little Debby Christmas tree brownies are better then the Cosmic Brownies. Exactly the same (supposedly), but different color/shape/texture.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Oh they're not the same as regular lol. Whenever they have special "dyed" Oreos...the creme tastes different. It also has a smoother texture. It can be the Halloween ones, the American ones (not the ones with pop rocks), or the Christmas ones...as long as it's the same Oreo, just dyed creme.

Kind of like how the holiday Reese's are better, or the Little Debby Christmas tree brownies are better then the Cosmic Brownies. Exactly the same (supposedly), but different color/shape/texture.
Lol I always figured the holiday Reese’s were better because it’s a much better ratio of pb to chocolate.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i'm torn on how much candy to buy this year. i spent $700 last year and only about 100 kids showed. I was told to expect 1000ish. And with new surges in covid....i dunno if we'll have that many kids this year either.
Oof, I feel your pain, although we’re not quite on your level. We only had 50 kids and bought 250 candy bars.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just this evening I saw candy corn, those mellow pumpkins, pumpkin shaped reeses (milk and white chocolate) and the carmel apple suckers. It's starting.......🎃👻

·
Registered
228 Posts
I saw candy corn for sale at wally-world and Reese's peanut butter pumpkins at our local Fred Meyer earlier today. I bought some for my wife and have them stashed away, she saws the pumpkins taste better than any of their holiday themed ones. I always buy her several and pull them out for special occasions, after Halloween. Some years, I have so many that I can give her one on Easter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I saw candy corn for sale at wally-world and Reese's peanut butter pumpkins at our local Fred Meyer earlier today. I bought some for my wife and have them stashed away, she saws the pumpkins taste better than any of their holiday themed ones. I always buy her several and pull them out for special occasions, after Halloween. Some years, I have so many that I can give her one on Easter.
That's supposed to be "says", not "saws", geezz!

·
Registered
10 Posts
WHOA!! A thousand kids?? What part of the world do you live if you don't mind me asking :)? Last year I thought we wouldn't have many kids so I only made 85 bags of candies but ran out - I had to raid my son's stash. I counted about 110 kids last year. Normally we get 200 in our neighborhood alone (Hawaii)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Walmart was very disappointing yesterday but not for candy. I never saw so much candy!!! 2 aisles & 1 backside from floor to ceiling stacked!! (Same in other stores as well). Only thing I saw very well stocked. Got my Ghoul's Mix Peanut M&M's for my "cookies" & plain just to eat. Also had the Utz pretzels but they were on a wall section outside the pharmacy almost nearing the grocery section:
Font Box Rectangle Fictional character Art

Had a lot of the cereal as well.

Saw in an ad that Reeses Frank N Cups are on sale for $1.99 starting tomorrow at Walgreens. BTW, I don't like the pumpkins....ratio of chocolate to peanut butter is off & don't taste the same. Saw they have a bag of 3 different shapes this year....pumpkin, ghosts & bats. I've seen them separate but not all 3 in same bag.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Walmart was very disappointing yesterday but not for candy. I never saw so much candy!!! 2 aisles & 1 backside from floor to ceiling stacked!! (Same in other stores as well). Only thing I saw very well stocked. Got my Ghoul's Mix Peanut M&M's for my "cookies" & plain just to eat. Also had the Utz pretzels but they were on a wall section outside the pharmacy almost nearing the grocery section:
View attachment 754444

Saw in an ad that Reeses Frank N Cups are on sale for $1.99 starting tomorrow at Walgreens. BTW, I don't like the pumpkins....ratio of chocolate to peanut butter is off & don't taste the same. Saw they have a bag of 3 different shapes this year....pumpkin, ghosts & bats. I've seen them separate but not all 3 in same bag.
Are the Reese's Frank N'Cups shaped like Frankenstein? I will have to check out Walgreens tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Are the Reese's Frank N'Cups shaped like Frankenstein? I will have to check out Walgreens tomorrow. Thanks.
No, they are same shape but the bottom is green. Think I saw something last year where someone made them into eyes. Not sure why it says "creme". Nothing cream about it. Figured it was white chocolate died green but I don't like white chocolate & it doesn't taste like it. They taste the same as the regular ones.
Food Ingredient Rectangle Cuisine Font

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,533 Posts
I'm not a huge Reese's fan so I'm biased but those Frankencups were gross & not in a good way.

·
Registered
228 Posts
View attachment 754444

That's funny, my wife thinks their pumpkins are better than the other shapes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts