Halloween Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
Oh yeah, Bonfire night is big business here. Always draws everyone out. But still, the Halloween in me doesn't see it as that, i see the burning coals and hear the crackling and it transports me right back to a week ago with Cauldrons and Witches! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Registered
@Absolutely Obsessed - Hello from across the pond, and welcome to the Halloween Forum. I appreciate all of your kind words in regards to Halloween here in the states. Wherever we are.....we are one.....Lovers of Halloween. 馃巸

His name is Roger Clyne
I'd like to repeat to everyone here GET AN ADBLOCKER & you will enjoy this site & many others a lot more.

Ublock Origin, Adblocker, just google them & install the correct version for whatever browser you use.

Or pick another one for all your browsing devices:

I LITERALLY can't go to some sites without one. The Washington Post is THE WORST without an adblocker of some sort. I have one on everything, the laptop, the phones, the Kindles, etc.

Registered
@Absolutely Obsessed - Hello from across the pond, and welcome to the Halloween Forum. I appreciate all of your kind words in regards to Halloween here in the states. Wherever we are.....we are one.....Lovers of Halloween. 馃巸
Why thank you... I definitely have to agree. Halloween knows no borders. (y) P.S. You don't look that Scarey! :ROFLMAO:

Registered
I'd like to repeat to everyone here GET AN ADBLOCKER & you will enjoy this site & many others a lot more.
Gotta agree with this guy right here... Why isn't everyone using one?? They're free! I can't use the net without one.
I use Adblocker, takes less than a minute to install and this site is so clean and totally ad free using it. If you download one thing today, make sure it's an adblocker. You'll never go back.

The Haunting Girl

Ublock Origin, Adblocker, just google them & install the correct version for whatever browser you use.

Or pick another one for all your browsing devices:

I LITERALLY can't go to some sites without one. The Washington Post is THE WORST without an adblocker of some sort. I have one on everything, the laptop, the phones, the Kindles, etc.
If a site is so bloated with ads that you can't go on it without an adblocker then I won't go on it. I know some sites are getting better with their tracking that they can "see" adblockers and will actually block you from their site until you allow ads. Either way, I won't give clicks/traffic to sites that are overloaded with ads. A few ads are fine, but a bunch of ads/videos/constant cycling of crap is a no go.

Registered
I don't get any pop-ups here and honestly don't mind the side-bar and header/footer ads. Those are easy to ignore and sometimes, I'm even interested in them What I find annoying and offensive are the ads embedded IN the threads formatted to look like response posts.

Registered
Well, like i said before... I'm using Adblocker on Chrome and don't see a single ad anywhere on the site, never have since signing up, it's exactly as the page should look, nothing on it but what needs to be. I'm not sure exactly which blockers you guys are using but it sounds like some ads are still slipping through with it. Seriously, switch to Adblocker and let me know if it works better for you..

Registered
I never see ads anywhere. It isn't that I don't want to support the sites, but it's almost always the ad makers that make them so obnoxious and deceiving that I simply don't want to see them at all. Yes, that takes money out of the pockets of the sites, but I never agreed to stare at ads when I signed up. That's something between the site and the ad companies. So long as they insist on being terrible, they can do without my eyes.

Premium Member
Having been here for less than a year and not knowing what it was like before I just love that there is a place I can come made up of fellow Halloween fans.
Seems I'm a minority as an avid FB user but I don't use it specifically for Halloween related stuff. I do post pictures of my set up or of new props because it's my page and I like to. Some friends find it interesting but most think it's weird to put so much time and money into Halloween. Which is why I love that this forum exists even if it is not really active right now 馃懟

Registered
Having been here for less than a year and not knowing what it was like before I just love that there is a place I can come made up of fellow Halloween fans.
Seems I'm a minority as an avid FB user but I don't use it specifically for Halloween related stuff. I do post pictures of my set up or of new props because it's my page and I like to. Some friends find it interesting but most think it's weird to put so much time and money into Halloween. Which is why I love that this forum exists even if it is not really active right now 馃懟
That is EXACTLY my problem too.. It's so good to know i'm in good company here and not judged for loving Halloween outside of October. Everyone i know thinks i'm obsessed with it and nuts, and the truth is, i won't ever let anyone know just how much i spend on Halloween because they'd have me committed.
In this country, to most people, unless they have kids, or are attending a party, it's of very little interest, the ones that do only spend the minimum, put in the minimum effort and it's done for another year with a big sigh.
But to me it's a lifestyle, it's always an ongoing project with constant ideas running around my head and i see it for the bigger picture that it should be and it rules my life.. Hence my username.. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
I love the forums, and love seeing all the creative crafts and thrift store finds! Honestly, a big part of the reason I started following the forums was to see sneak peeks of Boney Bunch and also when halloween items show up in stores. Now a lot of that shows up on social media way before here, and I don't come to the forum quite as often :/

His name is Roger Clyne
I don't get any pop-ups here and honestly don't mind the side-bar and header/footer ads. Those are easy to ignore and sometimes, I'm even interested in them What I find annoying and offensive are the ads embedded IN the threads formatted to look like response posts.
And ads that pop out & just start playing are THE WORST.

I haven't hit too many sites that won't let you view them with an adblocker. I do occasionally have to turn it off on certain sites, I've hit a few local govt. sites like the MD Motor Vehicle Administration site, that require you to turn it off so you can get a pop out box for payment or something like that, but overall I really don't visit that many sites that FORCE me to turn it off.

If they do, I just leave & find another one on the same subject that doesn't.

Adblockers make Youtube watchable too. No ads mid-vid in weird places, it's worth it for that site alone.

Harbinger of Autumn
And ads that pop out & just start playing are THE WORST.

I haven't hit too many sites that won't let you view them with an adblocker. I do occasionally have to turn it off on certain sites, I've hit a few local govt. sites like the MD Motor Vehicle Administration site, that require you to turn it off so you can get a pop out box for payment or something like that, but overall I really don't visit that many sites that FORCE me to turn it off.

If they do, I just leave & find another one on the same subject that doesn't.

Adblockers make Youtube watchable too. No ads mid-vid in weird places, it's worth it for that site alone.

I appreciate the UBlock that has helped. For me it is more than the buying of the site and the cosmetic changes... the vibe around here changed too. I for one do not mind FB because I put a lot of controls in place and limit the drama I see. I belong to a group more than individual so I know who is like minded. It just does not feel the same here as it used to. Maybe it is because of how many left just as much as the changes themselves. Before then it almost felt community owned

Registered
I am totally willing to post if it means I get to be considered a hard-core haunter. Check it out, y'all - I am officially among the hardest of cores. 馃榾馃挅
I visit this site, and another, and have for years. I read a lot, get a ton of ideas, and generally enjoy both sites. That being said, I do not contribute to them much, and it's not just that I am a cranky old man, but I am a technological boob (comes about when you are over seventy). I haven't even figured out how to get photos from my iPhone to the computer, and then from the computer to this site. Don't get me wrong, I can build static props with the best of them, but I can't even understand all the talk about servos, etc. I keep saying I am going to get more mechanical in my work, but when the hands get started, it's just more of the same. Must be my comfort zone.

Registered
I think ToTing isn't going to happen this year due to the virus. I hope I'm wrong. I really sucks that we lost a Friday Halloween to leap year and possibly a Saturday to the coronavirus.
This is my thought also. I moved last year so my street was an unknown ToT set up. I got two families and it's not an overly rural area. With the virus I'll be surprised if the town's don't get involved to discourage anyone from going out for it.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts