Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to plan a party...outdoors for 6 year olds. I have so many ideas that I am having trouble making it work or narrowing my thoughts down. I was going to have a HUGE leave pile for them to be able to jump in. I guess my main thing right this second...is how to have the party run. Simple activites so they don't just run wild...how to have it set up for them to enter the yard..that type of thing. ANY help would be so appreciated as I need to have this planned in the next few days so I can be confident sending out invites!

Thanks

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Yikes!!! you are getting into a can or worms arn't you. You are a brave one. I suggest lots of activies and keep things going like ten to fifteen minutes per activity so the youngins don't run amuck.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am trying to plan a party...outdoors for 6 year olds. I have so many ideas that I am having trouble making it work or narrowing my thoughts down. I was going to have a HUGE leave pile for them to be able to jump in. I guess my main thing right this second...is how to have the party run. Simple activites so they don't just run wild...how to have it set up for them to enter the yard..that type of thing. ANY help would be so appreciated as I need to have this planned in the next few days so I can be confident sending out invites!

Thanks
My son is turning 7 on Oct 24th and requested a Halloween party. He's not your typical 7 yr old though. LOL His friends range from 6-10 yrs old. I am just decorating like crazy- nothing cute but nothing gory either. I'm keeping it fun with a bit of creepy. :) I think there is one 5 yr old (will be 6 in FEb) that might be terrified of the decor but everyone else should be fine.

I decided to hire a DJ and let them dance and act crazy for a few hours. LOL I am planning a scavenger hunt to take place on our cul-de-sac. I finished writing it this week. I just have to make sure I have all the items ready. I am planning to play the wrap the mummy game using white streamers instead of toilet paper. And we might do the Wrights Halloween Game. It's a spin off of the Wrights Christmas game. Everyone stands in a circle with a gift - someone (an adult) reads the story. Every time the word Right/Wright is mentioned everyone passes the gift to the right. Every time the word Left is mentioned, everyone passes their gift to the left. It gets pretty funny when the words are close together. It's fun watching them try to keep up. I've never played it with kids before. We ususally do this with adults at christmas time. Should be even funnier with kids. They get to keep the prize they end up with. Well, that's my party. You got me after I just finished 2 giant cups of coffee...sorry for rambling on so much. LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
We play a game at our party every year and it could be for Adults or kids and it's so much fun!! I made it up, I call it wolf tongue. You get the kids to stand up and then give each of them a froot by the foot pulled out long. Then get them to put one end in their mouth and hands behind their backs. First person to get the whole thing in thier mouth wins. You can get the boys to go then the girls then get the 2 from each boy girl teams to do the tie breaker...lol. We also used shoe string LICORICE one year... the slirpping noises are so funny!!

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
I saw this one and thought it would be great for kids. tie a clothsline between 2 trees and then hang doughnuts from the line. using no hands first kid to finish the doughnut wins. Could be called the shark game and the doughnuts are the victims. Or my kids play Monster tag each year. get a cheapie mask and the Monster has to wear the mask, when tagged they trade the mask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts