Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a BBQ for next Halloween, but to be honest I'm a bit short of ideas.

Anyone got some ideas for halloween recipies which can be cooked on the BBQ?

So far I've got an edible mummyhead made of puff pastry filled with minced meat, Bloody doll arms(Sausages in BBQ sauce or ketchup), Roasted zombie flesh (marinated chicken legs)

Hope you can help out.

greetz warpath

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We were once thinking of doing a Fall styled cook out instead of our traditional party. Having smoked and/or maple flavored meats. Apple and pumpkin pies. Apple cider and ales. Even looked into getting kettle corn or a popcorn machine.

With it being this close to the season, the various food magazines are hitting racks and usually have some neat ideas as well.

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
How about pulled pork served in a head or skeleton rib cage? Or even bbq shrimp ~ could call them warewolf claws or something lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
Here are a few of mine. :)

halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture120978-blue-cheese-banshee-bacon-burgers-sl.jpg
Blue Cheese Banshee Bacon Burgers
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture120978-blue-cheese-banshee-bacon-burgers-sliders-11-2-lbs-high-quality-85-15-ground-angus-1-2-c-bbq-sauce-kc-masterpiece-stubbs-1-2-tsp-salt-1-4-tsp-pepper-8-10-small-white-dinner-rolls-hawaiian-sweet-rolls-sliced-half-toasted-if-desired-8-10-crisp-lettuce-leaves-8-10-slices-bacon-cooked-crisp-garlicky-blue-cheese-spread-1-2-c-mayonnaise-1-4-tsp-kosher-salt-1-4-tsp-freshly-ground-black-pepper-1-tbsp-red-wine-vinegar-1-clove-garlic-pressed-finely-minced-1-4-c-crumbled-blue-cheese-optional-if-you-dont-like-bc-just-leave-out-crispy-shoe-string-onions-garlicky-blue-cheese-spread-combine-mayonnaise-salt-pepper-red-wine-vinegar-garlic-mix-well-stir-crumbled-blue-cheese-store-refrigerator-until-ready-use-burgers-heat-grill-pan-stove-top-outdoor-grill-medium-high-heat-combine-beef-2-tablespoons-barbecue-sauce-salt-pepper-divide-shape-mixture-into-8-10-3-4-thick-patties-keep-size-your-buns-mind-wells-fact-burgers-will-shrink-quite-bit-while-cooking-when-shaping-patties-grill-2-3-minutes-then-flip-brush-top-side-each-burger-remaining-sauce-continue-grilling-another-2-minutes-flip-burgers-again-brushing-other-side-additional-sauce-continue-cook-baste-until-internal-temperature-burgers-reach-160-165-degrees-assemble-lightly-spread-bottom-half-each-bun-garlicky-blue-cheese-spread-top-lettuce-leaf-break-each-bacon-piece-half-place-top-lettuce-leaves-place-burger-top-drizzle-additional-barbecue-sauce-if-desired-top-small-handful-crispy-shoestring-onions-spread-remaining-garlicky-blue-cheese-spread-top-halves-buns.html

halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture120982-fall-feast-devil-dogs-dr-pepper-bbq-.jpg
Devil Dogs with Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture120982-fall-feast-devil-dogs-dr-pepper-bbq-sauce-ingredients-4-tablespoons-1-2-stick-unsalted-butter-1-large-yellow-onion-chopped-4-cloves-garlic-chopped-1-12-ounce-can-dr-pepper-1-cup-ketchup-1-2-cup-packed-brown-sugar-1-2-cup-cider-vinegar-1-3-cup-worcestershire-sauce-3-tablespoons-tomato-paste-2-teaspoons-ancho-chili-powder-1-teaspoon-finely-ground-white-pepper-1-teaspoon-kosher-salt-8-hot-dogs-8-hot-dog-buns-split-toasted-toppers-chopped-dill-pickles-sliced-jalapeno-peppers-chopped-onion-shredded-colby-cheese-crisp-bacon-etc-directions-1-sauce-medium-saucepan-cook-stir-onion-garlic-hot-butter-over-medium-heat-about-10-minutes-until-onions-tender-add-all-ingredients-except-hot-dogs-buns-toppers-reduce-heat-simmer-covered-15-minutes-cook-uncovered-until-sauce-begins-thicken-20-30-minutes-remove-heat-cool-sauce-10-minutes-2-puree-sauce-pan-immersion-blender-transfer-blender-jar-cover-blend-until-smooth-3-meanwhile-charcoal-grill-cook-hot-dogs-rack-directly-over-medium-coals-5-7-minutes-until-heated-through-gas-grill-heat-grill-reduce-heat-medium-cook-grill-rack-over-heat-cover-grill-above-serve-hot-dogs-buns-toppers-makes-8-hot-dogs-4-cups-sauce.jpg

halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture50366-devils-bite-bacon-wrapped-jalapeno-po.jpg
A Devil's Bite (Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers)
http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenie1-albums-halloween-goodies-recipes-picture50366-devils-bite-bacon-wrapped-jalapeno-poppers-ingredients-12-ounces-cream-cheese-room-temperature-1-clove-chopped-garlic-1-2-cup-grated-monterey-jack-cheese-1-tablespoon-finely-chopped-sun-dried-tomatoes-fresh-cracked-pepper-16-jalapeno-peppers-larger-than-average-size-will-make-them-easier-stuff-8-16-slices-thin-cut-bacon-depends-size-your-peppers-skewers-soaked-cold-water-least-30-minutes-preheat-grill-you-can-just-broil-them-oven-if-its-easier-mix-cream-cheese-chopped-garlic-monterey-jack-sun-dried-tomatoes-season-pepper-mix-until-mixture-soft-manageable-slice-each-jalapeno-lengthwise-one-side-being-careful-not-cut-jalapeno-half-remove-seeds-if-you-dont-think-your-friends-can-handle-heat-otherwise-leave-them-if-desired-depending-your-pepper-you-may-have-slice-around-stem-pepper-create-manageable-opening-squeeze-filling-small-spoon-scoop-liberal-amount-cream-cheese-mixture-into-each-jalapeno-careful-not-put-too-much-filling-may-flow-out-during-cooking-wrap-each-pepper-strip-bacon-securing-opening-pepper-secure-bacon-skewer-grill-broil-peppers-until-theyre-lightly-roasted-until-bacon-fully-cooked-note-you-can-omit-bacon-make-vegetarian-dish-they-taste-just-awsome.html

·
Registered
920 Posts
mKauhfrWKH9Qbq-m0fpc44w.jpg
Serve beer or soda in large plastic cauldrons filled with ice. I think I found mine at Walmart or Party City, I can't rmember.

m4AVYD_UIqnJ0QUBHYD9F7w.jpg
Or you can use metal buckets or tubs, if you can't find the big cauldrons.

Two years ago I used non-Halloween looking drink dispensers like these (you can find them just about everywhere) and put my Halloween punches in them, and labled them with spooky names. I added various fruit- melon balls & blueberries( eyeballs), frozen cherries, Blood Orange slices to give it a creepy look.

Halloween drink 22.jpg Vampire drink.jpg
I found these super awesome ones (above) @ Pottery Barn, and I need these for this year. Better put in my order! :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Spice up the ketchup bottle with the label "Blood" and mustard with "Dragon Pus" or something.
Make a face or shape using veggies.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Spice up the ketchup bottle with the label "Blood" and mustard with "Dragon Pus" or something.
Make a face or shape using veggies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts