Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out a little while back that I'm pregnant and guess when my due date is? Halloween. Most of my friends think it's perfect for me to have a Halloween baby, but I disagree. I don't like the idea of having to focus on a particular person when I want to focus on the Halloween spirit in general. I'm crossing my fingers for a later actual due date (as many first pregnancies go a little longer). That way the house will already be decorated for a kids party, I'd just need to tone it down a bit.

A friend of mine got me excited about the idea of a Halloween baby shower and I think that idea is fantastic! Aside from just black decorations, I'm trying to come up with ideas for games, decorations and food. Any ideas or suggestions? I don't know if I should do a theme or just general Halloween. I don't want it too gory for a shower, but a little bit of shock gore is okay.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Bobbing for bottle nipples... from a foggy cauldron.
Pumpkin carving contest, with mini pumpkins, whoever carves the best baby face or scene...
There's some good food ideas in the cooking thread, like meringue bones and witch hat calzones :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats! I'm also expecting and each time I go in for an ultrasound I'm a day closer to a Halloween due date! My last test said October 29th. All my family also thought this was funny since I'm such a Halloween nut! That sounds like a fun idea for a baby shower.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
You can hand out little folded diapers (we used napkins) with one having a little special surprise inside.....I think i used baby food in some green/yellow color, or you could use a melted piece of chocolate. The lucky person who gets the dirty diaper wins a prize.

Or you can always have 5 diapers with 5 different kinds of candy bars smashed up and the guest have to guess which bar it is..............really funny when they start smelling them!

And Congrats to you both!!

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
that is the best baby shower games ever, trying to smell the melted choc, in the diaper. it really changes how you view them now. It was such a mind twist playing the dirty diaper game.

You can hand out little folded diapers (we used napkins) with one having a little special surprise inside.....I think i used baby food in some green/yellow color, or you could use a melted piece of chocolate. The lucky person who gets the dirty diaper wins a prize.

Or you can always have 5 diapers with 5 different kinds of candy bars smashed up and the guest have to guess which bar it is..............really funny when they start smelling them!

And Congrats to you both!!

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
^^speaking of Halloween babies..........hehe

I hosted a baby shower in November for my niece and I remember there was a whole line of Lil' Pumpkin products. Maybe something similar although not so cutesy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts