Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or has anyone else every planned to do or already has done a Halloween themed baby room?

I have not been blessed with children yet but I found a Joanne's cotton fabric print a few years ago and got my hands on as much of it as I could so I could use one of the pattern sets to use it for a baby room. The print is white with little cute bears in Halloween costumes( witches, mummies, etc.) I was planning on combining the pattern with lite yellow and lite orange fabric as well to stick with the color theme. I've even been able to find little porcelain figures and stuffed animals with a similar look that I have now collected and stored away with the rest of the stuff in preparation. My mom even volunteered to make me a baby bag since she has a pattern for that, I told her I wanted vintage Halloween print for that(I've seen that a few times at Joanne's too) as they are one of my favorite Halloween decor themes:)

Im pretty sure this is the print( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halloween-Fabric-BOO-BEARS-Witch-Mummy-Ghost-Clown-Candy-Corn-Trick-Or-Treat-BTY-/221276354156?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item338519366c)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be adorable. I don't decorate my kids' rooms all year, but when I bust out the Halloween decorations they get to help put them out and that includes a few in their rooms!
When I was little there was one little bag that slowly grew over the years full of the Halloween decorations specifically for my room. Mostly things I would get from my grandma as a Halloween present every year. They were window clings, small severed body parts, ghost garland and such:) I always loved getting that bag first weekend of October:)

Ofcourse I plan on using this baby room theme as the year round theme :p

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
How fun! One neat way to incorporate different patterns is to do a patchwork quilt with the various prints. You could hang it on the wall as a decoration, drape it on a rocker or use it, but it would help to tie everything together. If you created a rocker or window seat in the room, you could also make lots of different pillows with fringe, pom poms and ribbon edging - another way to tie all the colors together.

Somewhat related note - I always loved some rabbit items for a nursery, and I bought/saved some pieces when I was younger. I finally got to use them in my daughter's nursery and it was wonderful to know that so much of the room was collected over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts