Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite on line vendor who always had an awesome selection, great prices, cool contests and promotions and awesome customer service. I've followed their webiste and their facebook page and something is up this year.
First is the notable lack of new merchandise that they always offer. Seems a few new things came out and then it stopped. A lot of stuff is out of stock and has been for a while now.
No real promotions. They had a Summer sale (Memorial Day or July 4th) and it was a good one at that but nothing since then. A few weeks ago they put the entire inventory on sale and it looks like it's just going to run on with no end date.
Nancy, the owner, is awesome but it just seems there is a total lack of enthusiasm this year from them. I tuly hope it's temporary and that everything is okay with them. I worry that good places like this would go out of business. That would be a shame as they were a really great vendor to deal with. I've purchased from them severral times over the past few years and it's always been perfect.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, I'm beginning to think you're right.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Was also wondering. I have some gift cards purchased and was waiting for some new exciting pieces. Now everything is no longer on sale and many things are out of stock. Getting nervous.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was also wondering. I have some gift cards purchased and was waiting for some new exciting pieces. Now everything is no longer on sale and many things are out of stock. Getting nervous.
Yikes! You may want to give them a call and see what's up. just seems in past years they have been on top of their game and really going out of their way to carry a lot of great stuff. just didn't see it this year. They seemed pretty jazzed up after one of the earlier trade shows they went to, as posted on their facebook page but then things just dropped off

·
Registered
274 Posts
I noticed the same thing as I did the majority of my on line shopping with them but they hardly got any new pieces this year that I was watching for so I had to resort to ebay to get them.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I noticed this myself. Normally they had their gift card promotions, new prop notices, Holiday sales etc. and I saw nothing. No e-mails, no facebook updates, or anything else. I too thought uh oh looks like their not going to be around much longer. Sad because I too thought it was a great company to deal with. Use to love their scratch and dent sales that they had yearly too. I saw a comment about their shipping prices on here and never noticed it before when I've ordered but will say when I added a small inexpensive item to my cart about a month ago the shipping estimate was awful steep. Reminded me of Spirit's online ordering. Maybe that has put a big dent in their sales. Anyone from their home town area know anything? Are they still filling people's orders?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had asked them on facebook awhile back about their gift card promotion (which was always huge!) and was simply told they weren't doing that this year. I did order a couple masks and large foam gargoyle prop back in August and got the stuff with no problem but it does look pretty bleak. Thinking if it's listed as in stock you'd be okay to order but you could always call them to make sure.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here's more troubling news. Make of it what you will. Last night at midnight their entire store went 50% off, and more than half of the stock just disappeared off the site. I doubt that many people were checking it and snagged all of the higher end props. So I believe they took most of it down and put the rest on sale half off. I messaged them about the viability of their store since I have an unused gift card, and they said they can't disclose their plans. So that doesn't sound so good. If they were on solid footing, I'd expect them to say something like "we're not going anywhere." I'd recommend using any of your giftcards now on some masks or something. There's unfortunately very little left on the site.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That doesn't sound very good at all. Again, they were a really great on line vendor who went above and beyond to accomodate customer requests. Nancy even went out of her way to order a couple things I'd seen elsewhere that they didn't carry. Additionally they carried some really unique things from quality manufacturers. Sad to see companies like this go out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I tried to order $50 worth of items and the shipping was $120 (to a U.S. address) so I'm guessing the high shipping costs might play a part. I noticed in the last couple of years shipping has gotten way worse. Very sad, Nancy was always very helpful and they were my go to place for masks for years.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
I have bought a number of items from them over the last few years and always have had a positive experience. Super halloween fans and always great customer service. I know last year they kind of experimented with trying different shipping options to help people out. But shipping with dimensional weight has really added dollars to everyone's shipping cost and I could see that being a potential problem for them getting online orders if that's what is happening here. I really wasn't in the market for anything new this year but had noticed there isn't much on the site now compared to a month ago when I looked when I saw a lot of items.

I recently mailed out two packages to people that ended up having several more imaginary pounds to their cost due to dimensional weight. I remember commenting last year, when it was announced that more services were going with dimensional, that I was glad I had bought most of the props I will need for future haunts already because clearly it was going to get more expensive to have stuff shipped and I think that has happened. Large corporations might be able to negotiate shipping rates but doubt smaller business have much sway. I hope you guys are wrong about them and maybe their moving or something else is going on. Of all the small companies I've ordered from they by far have been the best in quality, selection and customer service. I've also on occasion gotten some great deals during a few of their sales so would miss them if they end up gone from the scene.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked out the site today. Very little left. I did snag a costume for 50% off and shipping was only $7.50. Was hoping to find a few things that I could use or wanted but truthfully most of the desirable stuff was gone. I'll miss this compamy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
More disturbing news. The site now says "Store is Currently Closed." Let's hope they're going through a revamp rather than shutting down altogether!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More disturbing news. The site now says "Store is Currently Closed." Let's hope they're going through a revamp rather than shutting down altogether!
I have my doubts. I was going to order a couple more costumes at 75% off but changed my mind halfway through the order process. I recieved an email the next day from them asking if there was a problem and would I like to continue with my order. I realize these emails are automatically generated but I replied anyway and flat out asked them if they were going out of business, along with the fact that they were a great vendor, good customer service and all that. That was about two weeks go and I never got a reply back. I'd almost think that if they were just restructuring they'd make some kind of announcement on their web page or facebook page letting people know. It doesn't look good.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now their face book page is down. Looks like it's official. Sad. Part of me is a bit pissed in that they could have at least sent a message out to customers saying whats up or that they were retiring, going out of business, etc. rather than just drop off the face of the earth. Oh well. another good vendor out of the mix.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
I went to their webpage today and only found the message "Store is currently closed" up on a white background page. Very sad indeed. I found Nancy and Brandi, both of whom I spoke to over the years on the phone and via email, to be really nice people who loved halloween, sold me some wonderful masks I just love, and gave wonderful customer service. Always there to answer any questions I had on a product. Of all the places I have bought halloween items from have to say that they are the ones that I had the highest regard for and felt a personal connection with. Been a customer since 2011. Will be missed and hope everyone there is okay and lands on their feet. Best wishes guys.

Actually on checking back through orders in my email accounts saw that I have bought items from them since 2009. Been fun looking through what I've ordered over time. My initial masks were a Deluxe Green Alien and a Mime Marceau. Only place I ever noticed the Marceau mask sold back then and just loved it for my carnival theme. Halloween Asylum actually started me on my road to buying masks for props. Lots of masks (more than I remembered actually) and costumes and assorted props, accessories and even a dvd. Very interesting looking back.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Halloween Asylum is closed!

Hi,
I was on facebook earlier looking at new props for 2017 checked on the Halloween asylum facebook page its gone, I also checked the website it says site currently closed? I know this year they were slow on getting updates on their facebook page and they have not posted in a while which was odd they use to post almost every week. Does anyone what happened?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts