Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend most of my time on Tumblr and have seen many art zines calling for submissions as of late. I've never made it into one (once I got so close orz!) but it got me thinking "Why haven't I seen a Halloween zine?" I've only ever saw them for specific fandoms but why not one full of haunted art and prop tutorials and poems and stories or what-have-you? It got my inner creative side churning and I'd really like to put one out (perhaps a digital one to save on printing costs.)

So I was wondering, has anyone ever made a zine before? If so, have any advice or tips for me?

Also, would anyone be interested in making one this year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love this idea! The zines I've read are inexpensive to make and distribute... as in printed from a home printer, folded in half, and stapled. Would you want to do a DIY style or have it professionally printed?

What kind of topics are you thinking of? I could help with something sewing related. Maybe a quilt block tutorial?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love this idea! The zines I've read are inexpensive to make and distribute... as in printed from a home printer, folded in half, and stapled. Would you want to do a DIY style or have it professionally printed?

What kind of topics are you thinking of? I could help with something sewing related. Maybe a quilt block tutorial?
I have experience with making PDFs so I figured I may do it that way and have it be a digital download.

I was originally thinking just art but then I figured it'd be nice to have poems or short stories and tutorials for props or Halloween crafts so yeah, a quilting block tutorial would work fine!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very glad to say there's been a lot of positive response to this across the sites I've posted to! It makes my pumpkin-tinted heart feel very warm! I have quite a few takers for written pieces already! Artists and photographers, make sure you email or pm me if you're interested in joining in as well!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I will see if I can get my creative juices flowing! I’m a web designer, and I love photography, although I haven’t been doing too much of it over the past few years, even though I think about it all the time.

What other sites have you posted it to?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will see if I can get my creative juices flowing! I’m a web designer, and I love photography, although I haven’t been doing too much of it over the past few years, even though I think about it all the time.

What other sites have you posted it to?
So far I've posted here, Tumblr, the r/Halloween subreddit, and am getting ready to post to Facebook. (Any FB groups dedicated to Halloween y'all could recommend would be great as well!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
So far I've posted here, Tumblr, the r/Halloween subreddit, and am getting ready to post to Facebook. (Any FB groups dedicated to Halloween y'all could recommend would be great as well!)
The Halloween FB Groups I belong to are:
Haunted's 31 Days of Halloween
Halloween Happy
Ghosts, the paranormal, supernatural, myths and legends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts