Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many folks out there are interested in Animatronics, but I have been stepping up my robotics/electronics abilities in the hopes to scare children and adults alike!

I would love to get some comments/suggestions on the current projects if anyone is up for it.

http://www.halloweenanimatronics.net/

Some highlights:

• The New Basic Atom Pro 40 – runs at 20 MHZ 120,000 Plus Basic instructions per second!
  • Visual Basic interface with MP3 player, database timeline recorder and serial communication protocol
  • Pneumatic valve control
  • PICAxe feedback loop for servo like operation of Pneumatic valves and cylinders

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
I'm going to keep an eye on your site. I want to do more animatronics with my displays for next year. I have a lot to learn. Good stuff, keep it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Animatronics Skull - Objects May Appear Larger When Up Close!

This is the start to our first new prop this year.

I had a vision of a giant skull with light up eyes and a big booming voice coming out of an animated mouth.

The vision is coming into focus!

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Lordy that is some big gag you got started there. Looking good. What's the tonnage on that thing? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not too bad, it is made out of Luan and aluminum. We didn't actually put it on a scale but last I lifted it or half of it when hanging it for some sub-cranium work it felt like about 30lbs.

The face will be foam insulation glued and carved, we may not fill in the back of the head, might just make a big hooded cloke to cover up the back side.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Looks like you have some very good building skills. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,458 Posts
:D:D That's all ya got.........sheesh..........:D :D. Just kidding , great job . Are you moving the skull in the video or is it a motor? Was it suspended from the ceiling? I was trying to see all that was going on................had to watch 4 times!!! Again great job!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Very nice, i will be definitely monitoring this. Keep up the pics and vids. thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Halloween Animatronics Giant Skull Video 2 (Oliver Burnside)

We named him!

I haven't weighed him in yet but it is a few more pounds then I thought it would be. That's okay though!

Here you can see a little clearer that we have a base now, it is built up of electrical fittings and conduit. It can rotate and as you can see from the large pivot bracket we built it can nod. There is a 2" bore cylinder in place for the nod action, we have to add the rotational cylinder this weekend.

Foam has started, combination of spray adhesive, liquid nails tube type and spray foam.

I will keep up the videos probably once a week or so till the big day!

Here you go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts