Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm a relative newbie so if I do anything wrong, could someone let me know?
I participated last year with my template and drawing for a Joker pumpkin, although it isn't the expert template that some of you have for pumpkins. Also, where do we post free templates from other places? I have been collecting a list.

I am wondering if any of you are wondering how swine flu will affect Halloween.
The article below describes some common sense precautions but I'm hoping we will still see plenty of trick or treaters and parents won't be scared to let them go out. Flu shots are running out in our city.

I took a photo of our decorations and plan to show it here. We are on a budget for Halloween so sure would appreciate any links or info about cheap decorating but great impact.

Meanwhile, hope pregnant women let someone else hand out the treats and...does anyone think that kids shouldn't rustle around in baskets of candy but should have one person handing it out at the door for hygiene? THoughts. Want to have a SUPER and healthy Halloween :) Will Swine Flu Fears Ruin Halloween?

Also, could people not hit the Digg button? I think it works but I am here to participate in the forum and I can't get that Digg button off of there, so don't click it please. Halloween rules!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is a media hyped flu. My whole family has had it and I mean WHOLE family (38 of us shared it with each other at diff times during May). We flew home from Cuba at the end of April to an airport full of people wearing masks and had no clue what was going on. Our plane had been in Mexico just before our flight dropping off people at a destination there. We hadn't even heard of it, having been on vacation for our daughters wedding there for a month.

The NORMAL flu's kill 20,000 to 40,000 people in North America EACH and EVERY year. THIS flu is NO different and the media is sensationalizing it.

I felt no diff than any other flu I've caught before. Don't American's ever get tired of living in a fear based society?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't American's ever get tired of living in a fear based society?
I sure do! But its hard when so many are so easily convinced that everything is out to harm them. The Doctors don't help either...I went for my 6-month allergy/asthma checkup last week. My doctor was shocked when I told him I had not received a flu shot and was not planning on getting one. As I left he told me it was "scientifically unwise" to not get a flu shot...

I'm sorry but I just can't shake the memory of the 1 time I got a flu shot, back in college, and proceeded to get more sick than I had ever been for 3 months straight! And the fact that since then I have not gotten more than a seasonal cold... they can take their flu shot and shove it!...in someone's arm. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm with everyone on the forum....it's a bunch of media hype and it's really starting to tick me off....and it's also possibly a good way for the pharma companies to get their plug out to sell more flu vaccines. Don't count on those helping! Wash your hands, take your vitamin C and don't cough on anyone. Enjoy your halloween as usual! 'Nough said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts